• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All purpose cleaner-from a few years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All purpose cleaner-from a few years ago

I can't remember what the exact name of it was, but it was an all purpose cleaner in the consumer line. It was packaged in a purple see-through bottle. I remember trying to order it again in 2005, but it had been discontinued and I was really upset because this particular formula was phenomenal! It removed dirt on the kitchen cabinets in my then apartment that no other cleaner could remove. I remember going through the stuff quickly too, it was that good!

Anyone know what I am referring to? Bounce some product names off me and I might remember. An old pic would be useful too!

Re: All purpose cleaner-from a few years ago

Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

Kevin,

"Extra" is it! That stuff was AMAZING! What I wouldn't do to get my hands on more of this somewhere!!!

Comment

EXtra looks like an interesting product, looks like it was in the consumer line as well
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

It was discontinued a number of years ago due to problems when used on things like uncoated, polished aluminum.

Thankfully forums like this now exist to educate people that before spraying a clean from any company onto parts of their car, to first find out what the parts are made out of or coated with and then choose and use the right product for the job so you don't destroy something that cost a lot of money and/or is difficult to replace or re-polish.

What are you wanting a cleaner for?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

I used to use this cleaner for a variety of different things. Mostly to clean stubborn grime off kitchen cabinets (grease), stains on the doors of the cars, running boards, and even used as a carpet/upholstery cleaner.

What I liked so much about it was that you did not have to scrub so hard for it to clean properly. It just made a great impression on me. I've now been using Spray 9.

Comment

We have an all purpose cleaner in our Detailer Line that's a top notch APC and very popular with people for use in their garage and in their home. You have to buy it by the gallon and then dilute it down but that's not that big of a deal and it's real handy to always have some on hand unless your gallon empties out...

You can also order one of our OSHA approved spray bottles which has markings on the side to show you how much water to add and how much full strength product to add.

Fairly economical too... maybe someone will do the math and compare our APC to the common APC at your local stores to show this...

All Purpose Cleaner - $12.88

All Purpose Cleaner Bottle - $1.99

Chemical Resistant Spray Head - $2.22

And from our How To Articles forum...

How to properly dilute Meguiar's Detailer Line products

This how to article will show you how to properly dilute a dilutable product using Meguiar's OSHA Approved Secondary Bottles. For this how-to article we will use D10101 All Purpose Cleaner but the methods shown are the same for all Meguiar's dilutable products.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

You can also order a smaple size from ADS....
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I still have 75% of my APC that i ordered from last October

it really does have endless uses
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                    You can also order a smaple size from ADS....
                    Sorry, I'm a bit challenged when it comes to detailing jargon. What is ADS?

Mike, I will try the APC cleaner along with the bottles. Thanks again for your information in great detail!

Comment

Autodetailingsolutions.com
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');