• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pro line/consumer line differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pro line/consumer line differences

I would like to know the difference in the professional line and consumer line cleaner wax products. Also, are these all in one cleaner waxes as effective as using the deep crystal 3 part system? Thanks

Re: pro line/consumer line differences

Well depending on the product there are some that are the very same just in different packaging for the different markets. The pro line is more geared toward the detailers as it offers more of the product in a higher quantity. There are a lot of the pro line that aren't offered in the consumer due to the abrasive qualities and the application process.

For the all in one cleaner/wax combos there is one that I know of called D151 which to my understanding is a great product and I will be getting some very soon. Now, I'm not sure but, I think this is a product that is mainly used with a rotary or a DA.

Depending on what your goals are and what your working with will tell what you actually need to use. When I first started I used the DC system until I understood the basics then I researched and researched and researched all the products and the abilities of them along with how to apply and work them.

I hope that helps you out a little bit
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Certainly the bulk size is a big difference, but the Consumer Line is also mostly geared for the average user working by hand.

#6, #66, and D151 are all cleaner/waxes.

The DC products are mild, esp the paint cleaner. So compared with a mild cleaner/wax, then yes, the DC system would tend to give better resutls. Now if you have swirls to remove, then a stronger/cleaner wax may remove the swirls better than the mild cleaner.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by hobby11 View Post
        I would like to know the difference in the professional line and consumer line cleaner wax products. Also, are these all in one cleaner waxes as effective as using the deep crystal 3 part system? Thanks
        In the Professional Line you can get our cleaner/waxes in gallons while in the Consumer Line they only come in 16 ounce bottles.

There are two cleaner/waxes in the Consumer Line
        A12 Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax
        ColorX

There are 4 cleaner/waxes in the Professional Line
        M20 Polymer Sealant
        M06 Cleaner/Wax
        M66 Quik Detailer
        D151 Paint Reconditioning Creme

In order of aggressiveness from least to most aggressive,
        A12 Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax
        M20 Polymer Sealant
        ColorX
        M06 Cleaner/Wax
        M66 Quik Detailer
        D151 Paint Reconditioning Creme

ColorX, M06 and M66 are actually all pretty close, M06 and M66 can be applied with a rotary buffer, that means they're formulated to perform when heat is a factor.

What are you working on?
        What are you trying to accomplish?

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by thoryamaha919 View Post
          Well depending on the product there are some that are the very same just in different packaging for the different markets.
          There's a few products that are similar, not sure the formulas are alway identical, depends upon the application and the environment it's intended to be used in.

The pro line is more geared toward the detailers as it offers more of the product in a higher quantity.
          The Pro Line is primarily targeted at Body Shops where fresh paint is being sprayed, sanded and buffed. It crosses over to the detailing industry because detailers need many of the same paint care products the body shop industry needs. Body Shops need Body Shop Safe products, Detailers don't unless they're working on fresh paint.

There are a lot of the pro line that aren't offered in the consumer due to the abrasive qualities and the application process.
          This is correct.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Since you're in SoCal, you might want to attend one of our classes, all you have to do is reply to the appropriate sign-up thread for the class you want to attend.

Saturday Classes for 2009
            All Saturday Classes are Open Classes, any Registered Member can attend by signing up for a class by replying to the sign-up thread.

2009 Saturday Class Schedule
            March
            March 7th - Open Class
            March 21st - Advanced Class #5

April
            April 4th - Open Class
            April 25th - Open Class - "Ladies Only"

How to get your Car Club scheduled for a Saturday Class at Meguiar's
            If a car club wants to attend a Saturday class, then each member needs to get signed up before the class fills up with our regular forum members. Membership on our forum is free, click here to register and then reply to the sign-up thread for the Saturday Class you want to attend.
            Thursday Night "Open Classes" for 2009
            2009 Thursday Night "Open Garage" Schedule
            March
            March 19th - First Thursday Night "Open Garage" - Click here to sign-up
            (Daylight Savings Time kicks in on March 14th)

This first class will also be an extreme makeover class as we remove the swirls and
            create a show car finish on this 1954 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Convertible.

April
            April 2nd - Thursday Night "Open Class" - Click here to sign-up
            April 16th - Thursday Night "Open Class" - Click here to sign-up

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');