• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Simple Questions from a Canuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Simple Questions from a Canuck

I've been trying to find out if APC+ is available in Canada and when will NXT be available in the Great White North?

NXT + APC in Canada

Actually I finally got an answer from Meguiar's Canada and the answers are
    The Detailer Line is made in Canada for Meguiars Canada and is different from the US product. No APC+ available at present time.
    NXT is to be available March 1, or thereabouts but it will not be sold through Canada's Largest Retailer for that type of product ,Canadian Tire, or PartSource which is a Southern Ontario based Auto Parts Chain. It will be sold through NAPA, CMax, and numerous local retail outlets (usually auto paint dealers that carry the Meguiar's Line.
    It was a problem to get the answer but I guess I was missing the people in the know. Actually they were really helpful once I got to pose my questions to those who knew.
    I'm looking forward to trying it....(in a big way).

Comment

Thank you Blake and Tim for getting to the bottom of this. I had heard that PartSource was going to carry NXT, but I did not know Napa was going to carry it.

As far as the Detailer line goes, distribution into Canada is a tough nut to crack.

Here's the url to PartSource website, http://www.partsource.ca/

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

PartSource

PartSource carries a very good assortment of Meguiar's products and I have bought several items there but according to Megs Canada they will not be carrying NXT this year.
        PartSource is affiliated with Canadian Tire so I guess they share the mistake. I would imagine someone will be upset that they missed getting it in 2004.
        Thankfully we have enough dealers in the area where we will be able to get it and Meg's has assured us that if we can't find it once they get it they will look after the customers.
        Checked Buffalo/Amherst/Niagara Falls NY areas yesterday and it's not available there yet.

Comment

Blake,

You must have better sources than I do. Thanks for the update.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have 2 gallons of the Canadian APC

I'll post a pic later.

Can anyone describe why the non-butyl APC+ formula is soo much better than then the knock-off APC that we get up here.

Paco

Comment

Re: I have 2 gallons of the Canadian APC

Originally posted by paco1
              I'll post a pic later.

Can anyone describe why the non-butyl APC+ formula is soo much better than then the knock-off APC that we get up here.

Paco
              The key difference is that one is butyl and the other is non-butyl. I think it comes down to what you are using it for and personal preference.

If I were using it on carpet or cloth I would use the APC+, it won’t leave your material stiff like APC would. Also, butyl based products have been known to be better for greasy clean up but in my opinion both are great products and good at tackling grease.

Hope this helps,
              Lynn

All Purpose Cleaner Plus
              Super concentrated non-butyl cleaner
              * Super wetting agents for engine degreasing
              * Fabric softeners and brighteners
              * Biodegradable

All Purpose Cleaner
              All purpose butyl cleaner
              * Biodegradable
              * Free rinsing
              * Pleasant fragrance