• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 White Honda Civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 White Honda Civic

So, I have various posts regarding the escapades I've been having with my mother's "Taffeta White" Honda Civic. It was made more interesting recently because I figured out it is single stage paint and it has been giving me all kinds of troubles with staining.

I have some old before shots (from about two weeks ago) and some after shots from today. The car was a bit worse than the before shots show.

I was NOT going for a full correction today, rather I wanted to see if I could get all paint staining out and seal it so that the paint doesn't stain again.

I will do a full correction in the future.

Here was my process.

1. Wash Wheels and Tires (1 bucket w/ Grit Guard) APC+, power washer, various brushes and a grout sponge. I used DC Shampoo for the wheels and tires.

2. Rinse car with power washer than cover with soap/water mix through power washer. GC Shampoo in power washer.

3. Two buckets with grit guards and GC Shampoo.

4. Door jams cleaned with APC spray, light agitation with paint brush and a warm water rinse, via spray bottle, followed by MF wipedown. Worked nice but I didn't take photos.

5. Meguiars consumer clay with Mother's Showtime Instant Detailer.

6. M80 with 4" LC CCS orange foam pad over entire car. It was great for removing about 85% of stains but some would not come out. I used M105 + 4" LC CCS orange foam pad for areas where dirt staining would not come out. Worked on 98% of spots but there was one spot I could not get the staining out. Rear driver door had some stains that just wouldn't budge. Tried M105 by hand and with my G110 and couldn't get them out after multiple passes.

I decided on M80 because the paint seemed dry to me (if that makes sense). I wanted the oils in M80 to really get at the paint and see if it could almost act as a moisturizer. Worked nicely.

7. Sealed with NXT 2.0 using 4" LC CCS Blue Foam pad. Removed with MF by hand.

8. Tires dressed with Endurance Highgloss and ASD wipedown. Used ASD on remaining exterior plastic.

Before:

Hood - Notice staining throughout the hood. This staining occurred two weeks after I had cleaned and waxed with Collinite 476s.

After:

Car looks "white" again, stains are gone! Also notice the paint peeling off the wiper. Car is VERY beat up.

Before: Passenger side front quarter panel. Again, notice the staining and the brownish tint to the color.

After:

White again

Before:

Afters:

Now, I'm going to wait and see how the paint holds up. I haven't used NXT 2.0 in a while and I almost forgot how easy it is to put on and off. Everytime I use something else, I get a greater appreciation for NXT 2.0.
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Re: 2001 White Honda Civic

Nice job on the Honda, made that white bright!

Good show
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Sweet! Now thats a very clean and white Civic.

Kinda surprised 476 made that problem.

Well, lets see how NXT2.0 performs.
      Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
        Kinda surprised 476 made that problem.
        I don't think 476s made any problems but it didn't seem to bond to the paint at all.

It's like I had NO protection on the paint at all. Now, the car feels different but we're expecting rain tomorrow, so we'll see how she holds up.

Comment

I saw this on another forum, I am glad to see that your plan of attack worked this time. My Mitsubishi Mirage commuter car is also single stage (red) and it really benefits from using M80 and a glaze prior to an LSP.

Comment

Looks Great!!
            You Really Helped out that Civic!!
            Great Job!!
            One of My Friends has an Old Honda Civic and I just Clayed the Paint and it all ready started Reflecting better and looking more shiny and white!!
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by new2detailing View Post
              I saw this on another forum, I am glad to see that your plan of attack worked this time. My Mitsubishi Mirage commuter car is also single stage (red) and it really benefits from using M80 and a glaze prior to an LSP.
              Yes, I figured I'd continue it here after the tribe had spoken over there!!!

LOL!

Someone at autopia thought M80 was the ticket for single stage paint and I really didn't have much choice because I didn't get my M205 yet. I thought I would have it by now, but something came up and I don't have it quite yet.

Comment

nice job, the car looks great, that Honda dosent look to old, im suprised it is single stage paint

nice job though!!
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

nice work it looks good

Comment

Looks great. You made the right choice imho by using the #80. Honda looks very good. There is some depth there. Look at the reflection. Way to go.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      nice job, the car looks great, that Honda dosent look to old, im suprised it is single stage paint

nice job though!!
                      I was tipped off by someone at Autopia and it turns out Honda made a lot of "Taffeta White" models in single stage. In fact, I think they are still doing it.

It's definitely different then working on a CC and I really enjoyed it, but I'm not convinced I like it better.

Comment

Nice detail. You've proven that white can also shine.

Comment

Well done
                          Pls what is ASD can it be applied to hub caps as well ?
                          always wanted to apply product on hub caps but scared to stain them

Comment

Originally posted by G Force View Post
                            Well done
                            Pls what is ASD can it be applied to hub caps as well ?
                            always wanted to apply product on hub caps but scared to stain them
                            ASD = All Season Dressing. It is a product from the Detailer Line and is used for exterior rubber and plastic. I like it because it is very easy to use and lasts pretty long.

It is not something you should use on your hub caps. What I would recommend for your hub caps is some APC+ (all purpose cleaner plus) and a soft brush. You can also use the APC+ on your wheel wells. It is a great cleaner yet gentle enough that it will not harm your hub caps or wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by R0N1N View Post
                              Nice detail. You've proven that white can also shine.
                              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');