• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best to remove NXT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best to remove NXT?

Hi to all meguiar's fans. This is my first post here. I have some time here reading all your post and let me say... I learned a lot.

This week I had debate with some friend who is also a Meguiar's fan, about what material is better for remove nxt.

I know that directions behind the bottle mention a 100% cotton towel or an ultimate wipe for better results.

But my friend uses a foam pad to remove NXT because of his clear coat what is so delicate and he thinks that a terry cloth causes little swirls in his paint. His car is a VW Golf 2002 and color is like a dark green ocean.

Thank you for your responses.

Cipitio
    Last edited by Cipitio; Oct 5, 2004, 10:47 AM.

The best way to remove it is with a Microfiber cloth. Meguiar's ultimate wipe is great.

Comment

Re: What is the best to remove NXT?

Originally posted by Cipitio
      Hi to all meguiar's fans. This is my first post here. I have some time here reading all your post and let me say... I learned a lot.

This week I had debate with some friend who is also a Meguiar's fan, about what material is better for remove nxt.

I know that directions behind the bottle mention a 100% cotton towel or an ultimate wipe for better results.

But my friend uses a foam pad to remove NXT because of his clear coat what is so delicate and he thinks that a terry cloth causes little swirls in his paint. His car is a VW Golf 2002 and color is like a dark green ocean.

Cipitio
      Hi Cipitio,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I have heard of people using a foam pad like our W-8006 or W-9006 on the G-100 to remove wax but I have never tried it myself.

The best way I know of to remove dried NXT is to use a premium quality microfiber polishing cloth folded 4-ways to give you plenty of cushion, and turn it over often and shake it out to remove dried residue, better yet use a couple of them.

The other way I know of that I like is to use a Meguiar's Ultimate Bonnet over a clean, dry W-8006 foam polishing pad on the G-100 on about the 5.0 setting.

Like this guy removing Tech Wax off his black Viper,

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike thanks for share your wisdom with us.

Comment

NXT Wax comes off very easily. Because of this, I use the Ultimate Bonnet to save time. I come back with an Ultimate Wipe and give it a quick wipe down before I call it done.

Good luck!

Chris
          Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Chris,

Ditto. Saves a bunch of time on my big black Hemi. I did the whole truck with one bonnet. I flipped it about half way through the job.

Tom

Comment

Mike...

How many Ultimate Bonnets do u usually use to remove NXT on a car??? I just picked some up and was curious. I know that you can flip them inside out.

My 300zx Gallery

My 350Z
              My 1967 Chevy II Nova

Comment

Pats300zx,

I can remove wax for an entire car with only one bonnet. After I finish each panel I brush the residue out of the bonnet before going to the next.

Hope this helps!

Chris
                Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

While on the subject of wax removal, will the 7006 pad cause damage if you use that as the backing pad for the bonnet? I gave this a try on my moms car and though it worked better and easier than the 8006. I am just concerned that it might be increaseing my chances of scratching or swirling.

Comment

Originally posted by Pats300zx
                    Mike...

How many Ultimate Bonnets do u usually use to remove NXT on a car??? I just picked some up and was curious. I know that you can flip them inside out.
                    For a small to medium size vehicle, I can do the entire car with one, often times I don't even flip the bonnet over. I do have a technique that I use on the fly to remove some of the wax build-up and lift and separate the fibers so that they continue to remove wax and hold it to itself.

Basically, in a smooth sweeping action, with the polisher running, I drag the polisher off the finish onto my finger tips, all the time constantly keeping pressure on the pad as it's oscillating. If you don't have any thing making contact with the face of the bonnet, (or foam pad if you cleaning, polishing, or waxing), the pad will oscillate out of control and flip off the backing plate. So in a smooth transition, I move the pad off the surface, and onto my finger tips, then I adjust the pressure of my fingertips to allow the bonnet to spin against my finger nails...

Get the idea?

On-the-fly, I use my fingernails to remove any excess wax build-up and lift and separate the microfibers so that they continue to work at peak performance. You can do the same thing with a nylon brush, even a the nap of a plush cotton towel, but when I'm in motion, walking around a car removing the wax, it's just fast, easy and convenient to use my fingernails.... probably not doable for everyone however. That's the curse of detailing for years... learning how to do things fast and effective. I can take a picture tomorrow.

I'd like to spend a day working with,
                    And many other seasoned, experienced and professional detailers just so that I could learn tips and techniques from them.

(I just listed a few of the many pro-detailers of whom I've seen their work over the years through the forums and each one I think would bring a different perspective to the craft).

If anyone is wondering why at times I recommend 2 to 3 Ultimate Bonnets when people are making purchases is because the average person will probably feel the need for at least two without the help of experience and technique, and sometimes I have a load of dirty microfibers that need to be washed but haven't been, and this often will include a few bonnets, so it's nice to have a few on hand so that I always have a clean one to use until I cycle my microfiber laundry.

Does that make sense?

Mike
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');