• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color additive for light colored paints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Color additive for light colored paints

Originally posted by bsibold View Post
    what about a hand held light that picks up any wax residue? owning a white vehicle myself, even after application and removal of what I think (all) residue, I find myself finding some a day or too later. Maybe add something to the wax that a xenon light can pick up and nothing else. I dunno, maybe I'm watching too many CSI shows!!

Now we're talking....... maybe something that would show it's self when wearing a special pair of classes. I know that sounds kind of cheesy, but wouldn’t that be cool?

Comment

If you mix all the colors of light, what do you end up with? White light. But if you mix all the colors of paint what color do you end up with? Black paint. This is the primary difference. With light, you are mixing wavelengths together, adding them up to some color. With paint, you are removing colors. For instance, red paint absorbs all wavelengths except for red. And if you have green paint, it will absorb all wavelengths except for green. So, mixing them together, you will absorb all wavelengths.

Dustine79
      Download WhatsApp Plus APK 2024 Latest Version . Get full advantage of this app GBWA+ with a lot of features that you never get in any version of WhatsApp+.
      Last edited by dustine79; Nov 2, 2021, 01:53 AM. Reason: Spell check

Comment

Originally posted by dustine79 View Post
        If you mix all the colors of light, what do you end up with? White light. But if you mix all the colors of paint what color do you end up with? Black paint. This is the primary difference. With light, you are mixing wavelengths together, adding them up to some color. With paint, you are removing colors. For instance, red paint absorbs all wavelengths except for red. And if you have green paint, it will absorb all wavelengths except for green. So, mixing them together, you will absorb all wavelengths.

Dustine79
        I think you are genius in colors.. Very impressive,

Comment

Originally posted by dustine79 View Post

Dustine79
          Dude Dustine79,

I need a favour from uh. I wanna repaint my old Retro car. My favourite color is dark blue..What you say? Please reply me with your awesome suggestion.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');