• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Spot removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Spot removal

Hey, this is my first time posting after reading for about 2 weeks now, I have learned a lot. I am currently trying to restore a decent finish on a Black 94 Acura Integra. It is my brothers old car which he so nicely killed the finish for me. It was parked for a while on the street so it has water spot galore on the windows and paint. I am currently going to do everything by hand and have picked up some Ultimate Compound and Swirlx. I have a couple questions, one would be what other products and steps should I use to remove minor scratches and heavy water spots. Also I was wondering if I could use a different product other than M04 to remove water spots on windows by HAND, could I use UC or SwirlX? Thanks a lot for any future help and I am looking forward at the project I have ahead of me

Re: Water Spot removal

Originally posted by dude808 View Post

I am currently going to do everything by hand and have picked up some Ultimate Compound and SwirlX.

I have a couple questions, one would be what other products and steps should I use to remove minor scratches and heavy water spots.
    Ultimate Compound is our most aggressive product in our Consumer Line, when working by hand, if this product isn't aggressive enough to get the job done it's more than likely the defect is too deep or serious to safely be removed by more aggressive means and it might be time to learn to live with the defects and/or looking into more advanced techniques for defect removal.

Just as important as using the right product is using the right technique, for example when using UC by hand to remove below surface defects you want to lonely work on a small section at at time, that would be approximately anywhere from an 8" square are to a 16" square area depending upon how hard the paint is, how deep the defects are and your skills and abilities to work paint by hand.

You certainly can't tackle half the hood at one time and that's because removing defects mean removing paint as explained here,

What it means to remove a scratch out of anything...

Also, before applying ANY product over the entire car, dial-in your system by doing a Test Spot.

TEST SPOT

Doing A Test-Spot

Before going over the entire car, see if you can make just one small section look good, that is apply the product you're planning on using over the entire car to just one small section about a foot squared or so. Work it in and then wipe it off, then apply the polish, work it in but not as much as the compound because now you're not trying to remove paint, just spread the product out, then immediately wipe it off, then apply the wax and let it fully dry and then wipe it off.

Now inspect our results. Make sure you can make one small section look GREAT before going over then entire car. If you can't make one small section look GREAT you won't be able to make the entire car look GREAT.

Make sense?

It should look like this,

Originally posted by dude808 View Post
    Also I was wondering if I could use a different product other than M04 to remove water spots on windows by HAND, could I use UC or SwirlX? Thanks a lot for any future help and I am looking forward at the project I have ahead of me
    M04 works because of the large, chunky diminishing abrasive used in this particular formula. UC uses our new Super Micro Abrasive Technology and it's a completely different type of animal.

I just went out and tried Ultimate Compound on some mineral deposit water spots on the glass of my truck with a foam applicator pad and it worked just fine to remove these spots and restore a very smooth, clear surface to the glass so give it a try on your car's glass and remember to put a little passion behind the pad if there's a lot of built up gunk and contaminants on the glass.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');