• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd G110 has bit the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd G110 has bit the dust

Got 1 1/2 cars out of the first one and 12 out of the second one before it quit working. My local Meguiar's distributor in Dallas (Wash-Solutions) swapped the first one out, now I have to take the second one back. My understanding is the ones they had in the warehouse with the latest generation models and I don't run it past the speed of 5. When they work, they work very well but so far the G110 doesn't seem to be very reliable.

I get 18 months out of a PC7424/7336 using them professionally and I got about the same out of the UDM (Ultimate Detailing Machine) although with the UDM I appear to be the exception with regards to durability. I use a rotary for corrections (Dewalt 849) but for basic, 1 polishing step details, I like to use a DA buffer since with the rotary to get any real correction you usually have to follow with a second step with a milder pad/polish combo to ensure a hologram free finish.

Are there any more planned upgrades to the G110? If so, would I be able to exchange mine then? Is it possible my distributor simply got a bad batch of machines?
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Re: 2nd G110 has bit the dust

In your photo you appear to be using a Cyclo. How has that held up for you? Is the Cyclo also a DAP, or does it fall under the category of orbital polisher?

Comment

I have a UDM and feel like it is on borrowed time. I was looking to get the G110 but I sure would like to see some explanation on why this continues to happen.
      Al
      ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

I've sent the link to this thread to Customer Care and someone should be in contact with you tomorrow.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
          In your photo you appear to be using a Cyclo. How has that held up for you? Is the Cyclo also a DAP, or does it fall under the category of orbital polisher?
          I sold the Cyclo after I started using the rotary. The Cyclo is definitely a high quality, heavy duty DA/RO machine but it isn't cheap and unless you switch to the Edge pad system, the quality of the pads available isn't that great. Edge pads for the Cyclo aren't cheap either, around $20 per pair. To be fair, you have two sides of the pad to work with but 5 sets of pads is still $100. And to be quite honest, the Cyclo doesn't correct *that* much better than the G110 or the UDM. Plus, a single head DA seems to work better on really curvy cars than the dual head Cyclo. On the other hand, if you do a lot of large vehicles with flat surfaces, the Cyclo will save you time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            I've sent the link to this thread to Customer Care and someone should be in contact with you tomorrow.

Thank-you, Mike. I appreciate that y'all care about your customers. I really hope there is a resolution to this because like I said, when the G110 works, it works great.

Comment

Thanks to Blake in customer service for calling me about my G110 today and to Barry at Wash-Solutions for exchanging my broken G110 with a new one.

Comment

So far, so good with the replacement G110. The motor sounds much less "ratchety" than the two previous ones. It also seems to spin a bit faster when I apply some pressure, where the previous two would just jiggle.

Comment

Glad you got 'er fixed. Good to see you on the boards too!
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');