• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smaller Pads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smaller Pads...

4" pads would absolutely ROCK!!!
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

I would also like to see 6" or smaller pads with the new 2.0 pad design.
      Brian

Comment

+217 for smaller pads... 3-4" would be wicked!!!

The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
        --VoicesInMyHead--
        0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
          I wouldn't mind a 4-inch pad, but also something like 6 or 6.5 inches.

It's too hard for the G110 to move a 7 inch pad.

try it on the PC7424, it won't move at all lol

Comment

yes, I would like to see a 5.5" 2.0 pad for the G100/PC7424 as well as a 4" or 3.5" 2.0 pad for spot buffing.
            1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
            1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
            1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Lets get some smaller pads Meguiars in the works. Pretty please
              2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
              2005 Honda CRF250R
              2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Been a while since this go any attention. I would also like to see 4" and 5.5" Meg's pads in the new foam. I am fine with the 6.5" and 7" pads but sometimes you just need something smaller. I like the LC pads I have in the smaller sizes but prefer my Meguiar's pads. Just don't have the option to buy them smaller.
                Jason

Comment

Yes some smaller pads 3 or 4 inch (75 - 100mm) and a backing plate.

I'll vote for that ...

Comment

I rather use a smaller pad to work on a larger panel than to use a very large pad to work in tight areas. I think the 5.5" pad is a very versatile size; it is big enough for the hood, but small enough to maneuver around the pillars.

Instead of "begging" Meguiar's to make some new pads, why not simply consider smaller pads from other companies? There are LOTS of them on the market, and most of them are good, if not excellent.

Comment

Lately I have seen a need for smaller pads. So count me in.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

+1 here.

I've bought 4" LC pads before but I'd prefer Megs ones if they existed.
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

4" and 5.5" pads would be ideal. Please please make this happen.
                          Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Just bought some 4" LC CCS pads one orange, two white, one black and one red going to try them tonight.

Also bought a Festool backing plate 70mm (3" approx) Festool gear is expensive here in Australia paid just under $50 (Australian) $48.something to be more exact, the Makita 9227CB has an M14 thread here I think you guys have an 5/8" x 11 thread but the Festool also has the M14 thread so it will be all go tonight.

I'd still buy some Meguiars 4" pads if they where available thou, just to compare if nothing else so please count my vote....

Comment

My bet is that at this years SEMA event Meguiars comes out with smaller pads.
                              ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
                                I rather use a smaller pad to work on a larger panel than to use a very large pad to work in tight areas. I think the 5.5" pad is a very versatile size; it is big enough for the hood, but small enough to maneuver around the pillars.

Instead of "begging" Meguiar's to make some new pads, why not simply consider smaller pads from other companies? There are LOTS of them on the market, and most of them are good, if not excellent.

That's true! In my case,I can't get Meguiar's pads for a kick off. There are many alternatives out there. But would be good for Meguiar's to add something to the line.

#30.......What's the reply fellas?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');