• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nappers: Ultimate Compound / SwirlX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nappers: Ultimate Compound / SwirlX

Gang,

As you know or may not know, Our Neon has a hard as nails clear coat. I have glued diamonds to a red pad to knock them down

Well, today after much anticipation, I tried SwirlX and Ultimate Compound by hand to try it out.....

I did the usual wash by hand, Gold Class soap, Clay with Smooth Surface Clay kit with QD as my lubricant.

First picture, after wash looks good eh? NOT up close!

Swirl city:

The twin Suns on Tatooine :

I just bought SwirlX and Ultimate Compound. SwirlX is thick and my UC is very thin, like ranch dressing, have to flip the pad over quick! I started least aggressive first: SwirlX.

Remember, SwirlX is thick stuff..... doesn't mean it won't come out of the bottle, so Kids, take the seal off before trying to squeeze out SwirlX, trust me it won't come out with the seal on.....

This shot is of the 2nd pass of SwirlX: Swirls still there.....

Out came the Ultimate Compound: After 2 passes of UC and 1 pass of SwirlX, it came out good and I could not find swirls in the sun or my dual Xenon nor could my camera capture anything easily so this is the best shot I got.

The part I did looks good....Now the rest of the car.....

Overall, if I had to do a car by hand, these two products would be my go to product. The Ultimate Compound is very easy to use, you can feel the product work and when it's done doing it's thing, you can surely tell (hard to explain, you have to see for yourself).

SwirlX is creamier and again, you can feel the product do it's job and when done, just simply wipe off with a microfiber towel.

Remember, neither of these products are "miracle" in a bottle, it takes some elbow grease and maybe more than a pass or two by hand to get results you want. You have to work and flex those muscles that are hibernating from the winter as I have done

The finish it left behind is more than suitable for an LSP of your choice.

So, I am happy with the new products. I like to do things the old fashion way once in a while. Sometiems I just hate breaking out the machine, cords, pads etc etc.

Remember, these products were used by hand. These products used by a PC/DA would be a more aggressive process. So, do a test spot boys and girls.

L8R

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Re: Nappers: Ultimate Compound / SwirlX

Hey Aaron,

Nice review!

I was just thinking about doing my Impala by hand. Need to workout the winter hibernating muscles also!LOL And....don't forget mine is black!

Thanks for sharing!

Andy

By the way I just got a hold of 2 cans of #16! Can you say clay, UC, #16, M21!
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Nice Write Up

SwirlX gets on my nerves by how thick it is, I have not used UC yet though...
      Matt

Comment

Nice review and great pictures.

Comment

Very Nice Nappers,

your car should be no sweat to do it by hand,

I did my whole truck ny hand and i think i lost 5 pounds just from sweating

car looks great, i love the paint!
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Awesome Review!!
            Great Job!!
            You show the Swirls who's Cop!!
            Looks Amazing!!
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

Great job!
              You sure did warmed those arms!

Comment

Aaron, Great work on the Neon. Did it all by hand that is great. Nice write up and review.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
                  Hey Aaron,

Nice review!

I was just thinking about doing my Impala by hand. Need to workout the winter hibernating muscles also!LOL And....don't forget mine is black!

Thanks for sharing!

Andy

By the way I just got a hold of 2 cans of #16! Can you say clay, UC, #16, M21!
                  Start with the SwirlX first, GM usually has softer paint than that Neon of mine! It's great stuff by hand, that's for sure.

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                  Nice Write Up

SwirlX gets on my nerves by how thick it is, I have not used UC yet though...
                  SwirlX is thick but I didn't have trouble squeezing any out, got kids you know, wring their necks and built up hand strength

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                  Nice review and great pictures.
                  Thanks Mark, I miss my old camera and no $$ to get a better one, this is our older point and shoot. it works okay though.

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                  Very Nice Nappers,

your car should be no sweat to do it by hand,

I did my whole truck ny hand and i think i lost 5 pounds just from sweating

car looks great, i love the paint!
                  I started by hand so it's no "sweat" for me, it's a lot of sweat.

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
                  Awesome Review!!
                  Great Job!!
                  You show the Swirls who's Cop!!
                  Looks Amazing!!
                  I am a jailer....LOL.

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
                  Great job!
                  You sure did warmed those arms!
                  Thanks Yalerd, got a work out that's for sure.

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                  Aaron, Great work on the Neon. Did it all by hand that is great. Nice write up and review.
                  My right shoulder is killing me today, couldn't hardly tie my boots for work!

If your going to do your car by hand, this is great stuff for sure!

Comment

nice review dude... im still expecting these products in my country next month..
                    Ganesa,
                    Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Thank you for the review. I own a neon myself, and I have trouble with swirls. I'm going to find some UC and give it a go. (I just bought SwirlX, but I haven't used it yet.) Hopefully I will get the same outcome you did.

Comment

Originally posted by goaliehockey33 View Post
                        Thank you for the review. I own a neon myself, and I have trouble with swirls. I'm going to find some UC and give it a go. (I just bought SwirlX, but I haven't used it yet.) Hopefully I will get the same outcome you did.
                        Our Neon has a hard as nails clear coat thats for sure.

UC and SwirlX seems a great combo for it so far and readily available. I have not tried M105/M205 yet.

Let me know if you need a hand with the car. I done everything but shoot a howitzer at it

Aaron

Comment

Nice Work! I still gotta pick some up.

Maybe you should let Megs know that they are not only compatible by hand and DA, but also compatible in Tatooine

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');