• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Wash Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Wash Recommendations?

Hi guys,

So i've been trolling this forum for a while trying to soak up all the detailing information I can. I just recently got a G110 and i've ordered a good deal of new buffer friendly products. I used to be a huge Zaino guy but their products aren't buffer friendly so i've begin the expensive switchover to the Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line (LOVE the stuff). Anyways, while I was placing an order on ADS I decided to try some NXT car wash (only things I still use from Zaino's line are the car wash and the QD which I am hunting down replacement products for). I do a fair bit of car washing for a lot of people so I would prefer to buy in bulk which Zaino doesn't do as far as I know.

Anyways, back on topic.... I tried the NXT wash and I was not at all pleased. The Zaino car wash has a lot of lubricity to it and I just wasn't satisfied with NXT's lubricity (I am using correct dilution amounts for both products!) Meg's offers so many car wash products and while I could buy samples for each and every one I am only a college student who just can't afford weekly orders from ADS. So I thought I would put out a post and hope for the best and see what kind of response I can get.

I would prefer to be able to purchase in gallons so I am hoping D110, D111, D112, or M62 will be able to fit my bill. Does anyone know what kind of car wash will give me significantly more lubricity than NXT? If anyone has used Zaino car wash and can add in what kind of experience they've had with the different meguiar's washes that would also be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys!
    Zach

Re: Car Wash Recommendations?

I think you'll find the responses almost evenly split between NXT and Gold Class here, with an edge to Gold Class. I think someone did a poll on this not too long ago.

Comment

Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
      Basically All of Meguiars Washes are good.
      Some People Love Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner or NXT
      I really Like Hyper Wash and Super Soap!!
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Here is a Poll on Car Washes:
        Which Car Wash Do You Like Best?
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        '99 F-150

Comment

Found the poll. And it's actually heavily weighted to Gold Class. NXT came in a distant 2nd.

Which Car Wash do you like the best?

Comment

WOW!!
            We posted the same things right after each other.
            Oh!! How We Meguiars Online people think alike!!
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
              WOW!!
              We posted the same things right after each other.
              Oh!! How We Meguiars Online people think alike!!
              You beat me to it Joel. But you have the advantage of youth on your side

Comment

yeah i really like the lubricity of the gold class so you could give that a try and its really inexpensive. However, since you are looking to buy in the gallons i suggest super soap, there is a lot of good stuff out there so maybe if you dont wanna go for one use the ads sampler program??

Comment

I love Shampoo Plus. I don't understand how so many of you voted for Gold Class and missed Shampoo Plus. Maybe beacause GC is available OTC.
                  Anyway, Shampoo Plus is much slicker wash, and offers MUCH MORE lubricity, once you try it, you will love it. It doesn't offer much foam.
                  For this you can add an ounce of Hyper Wash in your bucket if you prefer additional suds. I just simply use a foam gun prior to the main wash with DP xtreme foam formula...Can't wait for my foam lance to arrive from UK...it will turn thick suds into "shaving cream"...

Comment

I've not used Shampoo Plus, but #62 has the better lubricity than any of the comsumer line washes.

Comment

I was a loyal Gold Class user. I tried the Shampoo plus, I am hooked on the Shampoo plus. Really like it a lot. Seems to have more lubricity, cleans better imho.
                      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Gold class works for me. I also use duragloss car wash concentrate, but to stay on topic-

Megs Gold Class is great and is cheap otc. (walmart usually cheaper)
                        2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                        2005 Honda CRF250R
                        2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I use Deep Crystal car wash for my trucks bedliner because its cheaper and it works nicely. I use Gold Class in the warmer seasons and i use NXT Car Wash in the winter
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Wow, thanks for all of the responses guys!

I have tried NXT, I didn't like it at all, and its making me shy away from most of the consumer line products. I like to detail a lot of my friends and family's cars for a couple bucks on the side so I can usually afford to buy larger amounts of product. This is why i'm so attracted to the mirror glaze and detailer lines that megs has to offer.

I'll generally take my car to a touchless car wash in the winter if I need to get the mag and salt off before I come home to wash the car myself to a nice shine so I am almost entirely worried about lubricity vs. suds (although you need some sudsing to actually clean the car!)

My civic has very soft paint but it is manageable as long as I use the right techniques and products. The Zaino car wash works great for me but oz for oz its a little pricey and if I can move all of my ordering to ADS I would be much happier!

I keep reading post after post, even read all of that poll that you guys posted and it was an overwhelming response for Gold Class but I have a pretty good feeling that GC is not the way I wanna go so I figure I would try to see what else people have used from the D-Line. I think once ADS has samplers back in stock I'll try some Super Soap, Shampoo Plus, and #62. Nice thing is, if I don't like the product I can always give it to my dad!

Thanks for help!

Comment

i was a gold class user...tried shampoo plus and i cant get over how much better it is on my car...gloss is better, suds last longer, its just great
                              Addicted

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');