• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures from Thursday Night Open Garage - March 19th, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from Thursday Night Open Garage - March 19th, 2009

Pictures from Thursday Night Open Garage - March 19th, 2009

Thank you to everyone for a great first class for the season! We'll try to get a few pictures up before we shut down the garage for the night...

We have some great before and after swirl and scratch removal pictures for the Bugeye and will post them as soon as we get time...

Ryan lit up the wall and all of a sudden all kinds of talent showcased their ability to create shadow puppets...

And of course we Meguiarized some cars!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: March 19th - Thursday Night Open Garage - Sign-up Thread

had a great time tonight. learned alot, got some hands on experience, and tried some awsome products that I didn't know about before. Thanks a ton to the mikes's Hope to do it again sometime
    Newb!

Comment

Re: Pictures from Thursday Night Open Garage - March 19th, 2009

Well The Mike, Mike & Mike kicked off The Meguiar's TNG season off with Carbon Fiber and a 61 Sprite!
      There were allot of people new to Meg's TNG and it's so cool to see them amazed at what the "Mike, Mike & Mike Show" produces.
      It's so cool to see MMM teach with so much enthusiasm!

THANKS MMM!

So I had MP use my Lake Country Glass Restoration Kit #2 to see if he could get better results than I did. He couldn't either but, it did improve the window a bit.

Mike S. helped this guy how to buff out his car w/Ultimate Compound

His hood and spoiler came out good with just one pass!

The Sprite was kewl!

Here's the scratches on the hood that MP got out

Some pics of the 7up I mean Sprite

He took Ryan for a ride, I hope he's ok, He looked scared when they left.
      I left before they came back!

So there you go!
      If you haven't been to one of the TNG's your missing out!
      Get down here if you can!

Oh I almost forgot ~"NEW 3M VINYL TAPE"
      This stuff is kewl...Curves and hugs the corners like a Zonda!

Then I spotted a new toy!
      3M Sun Gun...it has the "correct" color or something like that, it mimics the natural sun light.

Comment

nice pictures, that would be the 3m Sun Gun above, has a very good reputation for showing defects

Comment

I didn't see the sun gun there last night. Does it work better than the dual xenon? (I think that's what the other one is called)

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewc_11890 View Post
            I didn't see the sun gun there last night. Does it work better than the dual xenon? (I think that's what the other one is called)
            Yes it does
            It has "the correct" light, natural, like the sun, and to me brighter.
            When I did a side be side you could see the difference.

Comment

Nice light.....time to buy another tool!
              -Bob
              NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Forgot the Carbon Fiber hood

Comment

I started to detail my car today. Used what I learned yesterday and got the hood and roof done. They look so much better. Thanks to everyone who helped

and I love UC now! Stuff is awsome.
                  Newb!

Comment

Originally posted by tonyroc14 View Post
                    I started to detail my car today. Used what I learned yesterday and got the hood and roof done. They look so much better. Thanks to everyone who helped

and I love UC now! Stuff is awsome.
                    What car did you have again? Trying to put a sn to a real life person now haha

Comment

brinkmann dual xenon - $35

3M Sun Gun $399 !!!!!!

R&E Paint Supply is your source of high end auto body supplies, paint, and equipment. Click here today to view our quality auto paint supply products!
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by tonyroc14
                        I had the Green Bimmer. I remeber your truck. I wanna say you're a younger guy? LOL

Yeah I have the truck and am one of the younger ones there haha I remember who you are now, you had the scratch on the trunk that mike used some ultimate compound on right?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewc_11890 View Post
                          Yeah I have the truck and am one of the younger ones there haha I remember who you are now, you had the scratch on the trunk that mike used some ultimate compound on right?
                          Yea, that was amazing how great that product is

I was the one wearing the weird shirt I got from colorado...

Newb!

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                            3M Sun Gun $399 !!!!!!
                            Ouch! I may have to wait on that purchase.
                            -Bob
                            NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
                              Ouch! I may have to wait on that purchase.
                              yea, I'd rather use the sun, for free.
                              Newb!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');