• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sister-in-Law's Buick After pics inside (new after pic..rear floor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister-in-Law's Buick After pics inside (new after pic..rear floor)

I’m cleaning my sister-in-law’s Buick Park Avenue for her. My wife brought it home for me today, and it was waiting for me after work. When I got home, she looked at me and asks: “It’s bad, isn’t it?” I just looked at her, and she knew. Let me put it to you this way…In the past three hours, I had to scrub the floor mats twice each and the tires/rims three times each. I had to go to the self-serve wash to use the high pressure on the tires/wheels and engine. Even so, I had to scrub the tires AGAIN with GREASED LIGHTNING, and go over the rims AGAIN with Meg’s Gold Class Instant Wheel Cleaner (strong stuff, let me tell you), and a terry cloth rag. Even after being sprayed with A to Z and hit with the pressure sprayer, the tires still turned brown almost instantly after I sprayed then with the Greased Lightning.

I hosed the engine with full strength Simple Green and hit it with the pressure washer at the self-serve bay. After the car wash, I brought the car back to the house where I finished washing the wheels/rims, the floor mats and the door jambs. I’m about ready for bed since I have to work early tomorrow, but I’ll leave you with a few before pics:

Last edited by Don; Oct 12, 2004, 03:38 AM.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"

Comment

It's looking pretty bad Don...

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Holy Smokes!!! That's really bad! Good luck Don!
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Those are the types of vehicles i love to do.

Comment

Looks pretty bad, but I have feeling whe you are done it will look like new. By the I hear sand balster work well for cleaning rims.

Eric
              Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Cars that are that dirty usually result in having a very happy customer. I love challenges like that!

Good luck!

Chris
                Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Yep..it doesn't look to good!

But I agree with the others...BRING IT ON...I Love the challenge too.

It can get frustrating, but I know I can win!

Good Luck to you!

I'm patting you on the back..no actually...I'm pushing you back to the car.....hahahahaha

NOOOoooooooooooooo!
                  My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

I had to work over tonight, so I didn't get a hance to do too much except to scrub the floor mats for the third time. Even after scrubbing, then rinsing with a hard spray from the hose twice, I still pulled A TON of dirt out of the mats with the bissel.

I sprayed down the carpeting with a Woolite/oxy mix, and I'm letting it work overnight. Tomorrow morning, I'll start ont he interior (the leather is a mess too).
                    Don
                    12/27/2015
                    "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Good news & bad news

The good news is that I'm finally done (except for the windows). By the time I finished the interior, I was too tired to do a full exterior, so it got a Color-X x2/UPP wax job (it's a freebie, & they NEVER wax their cars anyway) even so, it made a dramatic improvement.

The interior leather was horrible, & I had to get some Meguiars GC Aloe Leather Cleaner.

This stuff worked really well. It seems to use a strong emulsifying (dissolving) action on the dirt & grime. I spilled a couple of drops on an uncleaned section, and when I wiped them off, there was a definate clean spot. Instead of the recommended terry cloth, I used a medium bristle brush to apply the cleaner. It added some scrubbing action and allowed me to leave a relatively thick layer on the leather so it could work on the embedded dirt. I only had to do this to the seating surfaces, which had more texture. The smooth surfaces came clean using a terry applicator. Once they were cleaned, I used the GC Aloe Cleaner & Conditioner to remove the light dirt still remaining and condition the leather.

The carpets and mats eventually came clean after being scrubbed with Simple Green, extracted, scrubbed again with Woolite (3 oz/29 oz water), then finally rinsed with a 4 oz fabric softener/3-1/2 gal water mix.

Oh yeah, the bad news?...The wife took the digicam with her to her sister's house, and I won't be able to get after pics until "after" the car's been driven through about 10 miles of construction
                      Don
                      12/27/2015
                      "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Yes, that's my fat head in pic #3

Don
                        12/27/2015
                        "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Don
                          12/27/2015
                          "Darth Camaro"

Comment

And now, for the leather seats, a nice before & after combo:

Don
                            12/27/2015
                            "Darth Camaro"

Comment

WHOOHOO...

Looks super Don!

Great Job! That was a lot of work and you pulled through like a pro!

hehehehe..the third picture i thought it was Homer from the Simpson's....Just Kidding.....hehehehehehe

Again, An amazing transformation!

Last edited by f1guy68; Oct 10, 2004, 05:48 PM.
                              My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');