• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M07 Consistency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M07 Consistency?

I just opened a bottle of M07 (never used it before) and it pours out onto the pad like brown water. Is it supposed to be this thin, or thicker like M205?

Re: M07 Consistency?

It's thin, but not too thin maybe like a salad dressing.....

Is it clumpy or anything?

Call Meguiar's Customer Care (number should be on all product labels) and explain to them what it looks like.

Mine is pretty thin but sounds like maybe yours is too thin.....

Pictures?
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Mine is thin as well, pretty much like Nappers described it
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Did you shake it up good? My bottle is thin too but after given a good shake it shouldn't look like brown water.
        It didn't get frozen by any chance did it?
        For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I shook it up three or four times while I continued working, then stuck a dowel into the bottle to see if there was material on the bottom not mixing. The thin liquid is consistent.

I guess you could call it salad dressing if you were talking about a vinagrette , but I was expecting a creamier consistency.

Don't know if it was frozen; it might have just been old. Maybe Meguiar's should stamp the bottles with the packaging date.

Comment

its not really a creamy product but more of a brown runny liquid. I was suprised by this too when i first used M07 Show Car Glaze.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Call The Meg's Hotline. They will replace it for you. It's not supposed to be like that I don't think.
              Matt

Comment

Originally posted by joncz View Post
                Thanks for the replies.

I shook it up three or four times while I continued working, then stuck a dowel into the bottle to see if there was material on the bottom not mixing. The thin liquid is consistent.

I guess you could call it salad dressing if you were talking about a vinagrette , but I was expecting a creamier consistency.

Don't know if it was frozen; it might have just been old. Maybe Meguiar's should stamp the bottles with the packaging date.

Jonz

It is fairly thin, you'll probably find its ok, make sure you remove it immediatly after application, 2 light passes. Great product.

Rob

Comment

The M07 turned out OK. Once I knew how it would come out, I was much more able to control where it went. Kept it near the center of the pad and let the motion distribute it so I didn't sling it around.

Didn't have time to do two passes of it this time around.

But that stuff smells awful! Smelled like I was glazing the van with dead squirrel!

Comment

yeah, it's not the best smelling Meguiar's product! Mine smells like nasty dirt......
                    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I just dug out my M07 after sitting on the shelf for a couple of years, It was a muddy-brown/green colour. Is that the normal colour? I'm worried that it might of been frozen. Is there any harm in still using it?

Comment

The color of M07 varies from a kakie green to a mud brown. It's normal to vary in color.

As for consistency, it should be a thinner than a hand lotion but it shouldn't be like water.

If it has a uniform consistency after shaking it up and spreads out normal and wipes off normal then it's likely okay.

Most, if not all of my antique bottles of #7 appear to still be in good condition and completely usable today. This product has been around since probably the mid-1920's

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');