• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair

Just wondering how popular this kit really is. I heard about the LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair kit from another site and it looks pretty simple to use so I don't know. I have a couple chips on the Left Front fender thats (To me) an eye sore and pretty noticable. THe plan was just like it says:
    "How Does It Work? For Paint Chip Repair and Paint Scratch Repair: Just apply your color matching touch up paint purchased from your auto dealership to the paint chip or paint scratch, let dry for 2hrs up to 4 hours, and then remove the BLOB in 15-30 seconds with the Blob Eliminator leaving the paint inside the paint chip or paint scratch WITHOUT affecting your original paint. The Blob Eliminator is included in our Complete Paint Chip Repair Kit."

I could and am debating about having a guy that does paint repairs on the side do it, but for $50, if I can get away doing it cheaper I will try it. Let me know what you think.
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    Some Say That It Is A Sickness, But I Just Ask 'Why Does It Feel Sooooo Good???'

Re: LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair

Try it out!
    It just might work

Comment

yeah you should try it out and post the results afterwards

Comment

I might just have to do that. I'll wait till it decides to get a little warmer out and when it decides to stop raining for 2 or 3 days... If that ever happens...
        Some Say That It Is A Sickness, But I Just Ask 'Why Does It Feel Sooooo Good???'

Comment

You can get pretty good results with this if you follow their instructions. Be careful to use a gentle touch or you'll find too much paint will be removed. I've found the kit can remove excess paint even when it has dried for several days if used with additional pressure. Probably best on smaller but deeper chips. Some touch up paints will seem dull compared to the surrounding paint and can be further blended with a small dab of clear (Duplicolor and others) from one of the auto parts shops. The Blob Eliminator will remove excess clear as well.

Another system you might look at is Touchup 123. It consists of their own touchup paint and a cleaning/polish compound. For hard to match paints you can get toners that will lighten/darken that you mix up fresh each time. The paint is applied like a wax and allowed to dry for a few minutes. The cleaner will buff off the excess paint leaving a smooth surface that blends in well. Seems to work out well for road rash and multiple small chips. I found that Scratch X can be substitued for their cleaner polish if you will use a lighter touch as their cleaner seems to run out quickly.

Slightly larger chips may need a small dab of spot putty and gentle sanding prior to using the touch up paint or else you will have to apply multiple layers to get reasonable repair.

Good luck! If you don't like the results with either system, some ScratchX or M105 and moderate passion will usually pull off the touchup paint, letting you start over.

Comment

Originally posted by erobertson View Post
            You can get pretty good results with this...
            So you've used this stuff?
            And you like the results?

Comment

YES!!! ive used it and you can actually get a smaller botlle of langka/mothers blob remover( mothers teamed up with them i guess on some marketing) off ebay for like 7 $ a bottle

Heres my review off another site

MY NEW WORD "SWIRLFREENESS"
              FOR ANY CHRYSLER 300/DODGE MAGNUM/DODGE CHARGER/ DODGE CHALLENGER VISIT WWW.LXFORUMS.COM

Comment

I have used it on both of our cars and i recommend it. It is so much easier to put a blob of paint on and rub until it is flush with the rest of the paint, than to dab paint the old fashioned way and try to get it flush.

However, in my experience it works better on my car than my wifes.

I have a Wedgewood Blue Expedition, paint is in decent shape. The touch up paint has blended in very well. Looks flawless, did GREAT on covering a keying job on the driver side.

However on my wifes black RX8 it has a lot of metallic flake in the paint, and the Langka blob eliminator takes off some of the metallic in the touch up paint. What is left is high gloss original black surrounding slightly duller black-ish spots where the paint was filled in. I can notice it in the right light, my wife says she cannot.

It is sort of a case that any dulling on my Expo is not noticeable because of the color, any touchups fit right in. If it dulls, no problem. But on my wifes car it shows a little easier.

But it is easy to use, I thought it might be a rip-off, but I am more than satisfied, it is worth the $40 to give it a try. Good customer service too.

I recommend it.

Comment

I would have to agree the results vary depending upon your original paint job. We've got two Lexus and I get better results on the Golden Metalic versus the Tungsten Pearl. You can sometimes use a small amount of clear to feather the repair and avoid the glossy verses dull spots mentioned in one of the answers.

Comment

Works well if you get the process right. Some metallics are less successful as the flake comes to the surface of the "blob". Works better if "blob" left to dry for several days.
                    Paul Marmarinos
                    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

I have found this product to be very hit or miss, but as others mentioned it can A.) Remove too much paint (including factory OEM paint), and B.) It definitely dulls the paint to an unacceptable finish for me every time I use it.

Just make sure to test it out on something other than the car ahead of time. The only real use I have found for this kit (if you have high standards) is using it to remove the touch-up work you did to start over.

Of course, it's quite possible I just lack the skills and touch of some of you guys with better luck on this stuff

Comment

I've used Dr. Colorchip with pretty good results, pretty much the same idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');