• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wool pads and foam pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wool pads and foam pads

can someone help me locate where i can find wool pads and foam pads on this forum. i would like to read up more about these different types of pads. question M105 iworks best with w5000 double sided wool cutting pad and m205 with w9207 softbuff 2.o finishing pad. is this correct.

Re: wool pads and foam pads

Originally posted by xiongxtreme2382 View Post
    ...M105 iworks best with w5000 double sided wool cutting pad and m205 with w9207 softbuff 2.o finishing pad. is this correct.
    I may be new to this but I would think that "best" when it comes to pad choice for the M1205 or M205 (or really any compound or polish) comes down to the requirement of the vehicle you are working on.

For example, a wool pad is a fairly heavy cutting pad so using a wool pad with M105 is going to have a lot of cutting power for very severe damage needing a lot of correction.
    On the other hand, if you are only trying to remove some minor swirl marks that a wool pad with M105 is probably going to be way overkill.

I just used the M105/M205 combo for the first time. I had a lot of swirls and holograms to remove plus a few places with sanding marks from previous wet sanding.
    I used on a pretty mild gray foam pad with the M105 and a even softer blue pad with the M205 and it got out pretty much 98%-99% of all the flaws in the paint.

If there was more serious scratches or other flaws I might have gone to a more aggressive pad such as an orange or yellow pad with the M105 but on this car it wasn't needed.

On the other hand, my daily driver car (Lexus) has never had a serious detail on it and it's a 1994 model with almost 250,000 miles and is kept outside. I will probably need at least an orange, of not possibly the yellow foam pad with the m105 on that car and who knows, I might have to go with a wool pad on it.

Point is, what is "best" will vary depending on the paint on the car, the condition of that paint, and what's required to correct it.
    What am I, fly-paper for morons?

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');