• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How thin is too thin? Ultimate Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How thin is too thin? Ultimate Compound

Gang,

I have a bottle of Ultimate Compound, and although I did try it by hand, I did think it was too thin. The bottles at Walmart seemed thicker, but I was told it's pretty thin.....

Some pictures of UC on my 8006 pad: Seems to soak right away.....one time it ran off the pad and onto the body of the G100.

Second application of product on pad:

And, just random drop from the bottle:

Thanks for looking and if you think I should take it back, then I'm going to WM later to get my prescription.

I made 3 passes with UC on our Neon and it helped but doesn't seem to have the cut it did when I did it by hand.....

SwirlX is next to finish.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Re: How thin is too thin? Ultimate Compound

That doesn't look right...

Please click the link below and copy and paste what you wrote below so it gets tracked in our database...

Contact Customer Care

Then call Customer Care and cite this thread..

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

yeah, mine stays up on top of the pad until it's worked in a little....I would go back to wally world and exchange it for another.

Comment

Tom MacDonald PM'd me and I got in contact with him and a new bottle is on the way.....

Don't worry, I won't scam and bring it back to WalMart, I await my new one!

Mike I left Feedback on the Meguiar's site as well. I did give Tom the batch number so he can look into it.

Thanks Meguiar's for the greatest customer support on earth!

Comment

Today I received my new bottle of Ultimate Compound and it's quite a bit thicker than the one I bought. It's similar to say M09.

I went to Walmart and they had two bottles of the same batch number and told them my problem, they either didn't care or didn't know what to do, I suggested they send them back or someone would buy them, not like the results and not buy them again losing sales for Meguiar's.

They did have a new batch (with no batch numbers I could find) and they were as thick as my new bottle.

Gonna try some if needed on a Dodge P/U this weekend.

Thanks Meguiar's and Tom for the quick service

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
            Today I received my new bottle of Ultimate Compound and it's quite a bit thicker than the one I bought. It's similar to say M09.

I went to Walmart and they had two bottles of the same batch number and told them my problem, they either didn't care or didn't know what to do, I suggested they send them back or someone would buy them, not like the results and not buy them again losing sales for Meguiar's.

They did have a new batch (with no batch numbers I could find) and they were as thick as my new bottle.

Gonna try some if needed on a Dodge P/U this weekend.

Thanks Meguiar's and Tom for the quick service
            Not surprised by them not caring. I've experienced this attitude from them over here in the NE. They'll keep it there until it sells.

Comment

Mmm, I bought some UC recently as well and it too was very thin, almost watery. I shook the bottle for at least 5 minutes and still very thin. I was suprised thinking it should be thicker....I used it anyway not knowing and it work very good.

So, If I got a different bottle that was the right consistency it will work even better?
              I did drop my bottle and it cracked, I had to duct tape it up, would the store I bought it from still exchange it?

Comment

Couldn't hurt!

My new bottle is a lotion type of consistancy....if that helps. about 1/2 as thick as SwirlX. SwirlX is thick stuff but awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                  Couldn't hurt!

My new bottle is a lotion type of consistency....if that helps. about 1/2 as thick as SwirlX. SwirlX is thick stuff but awesome!
                  so SwirlX is supposed to be really thick? like, hard to squeeze out of the bottle thick? and once it starts coming out it's hard to get it to stop?

I almost started my own thread to ask till I saw your post. I was thinking something was wrong with it as both the ColorX and UC that I have seem to be the lotion consistency like you mentioned. I got all my stuff at wally world too so thats part of the worry.
                  Sam

Comment

darn knew I should have made my own post. I'll do that on Monday.
                    Sam

Comment

I just opened some UC that I bought in Feb. It is very thin and looks similar to the pics that Nappers posted. Of course I didn't save the receipt........

RamAirV1
                      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

call customer support! see if there is a batch number on somewhere on the bottle, small yellow looking numbers with a letter I think.....

Comment

Can someone post the suspect batch numbers if we wanted to get it OTC?
                          Al
                          ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Not sure I have the bottle, but the consistancy should be like lotion......Every other bottle besides the couple we got at our Yreka, CA Walmart was perfect, I added to my arsenal since then with no problems

Comment

I think I might have to call tomorrow. When I shake my bottle it sounds like water inside. FWIW the number on my bottle is M82018447.
                              Dilution Chart

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');