• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing dealer installed swirl marks. Will this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing dealer installed swirl marks. Will this work?

Well just picked up a 2004 Denali XL. The dealer went ahead and installed some swirl marks at no extra cost!!!

Anyways, the car is black. Question is this: Will this process work well?

- Wash with gold class
    - Clay
    - ScratchX
    - Polish with Deep crystal
    - NXT x2

Work good? Will be doing by hand since i'm affraid of the orbital...

Thanks!!!!!!!

Hi Z400,

The system you listed below is as good as you can get by hand. The key to your success will be in how well of a job you do applying the ScratchX. The ScratchX step will either make, or break your final results.

Use a soft, clean foam applicator pad to apply the ScratchX, get an early start in the morning and work a small section of the finish at a time, about one foot squared, and when you start a new section, overlap into the previous section.

Take some before and after picture if you can and share them with the forum and even the dealership when your through!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey,

Congrats on the new vehicle! Too bad the dealer had to instill swirls into the paint!!! As Mike said, your combo of products are about as much as you can do by hand. If the process does not remove the swirls, you may need to look at machine polishing (PC).

Hopefully the swirls will be light and will be removed easily! Please keep us posted!!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

My only recomendation is if you are going to polish out a Denali by hand, you might want to break it out over a few days. I did a Tahoe once by hand and let me just say it was a wrist killer. Breaking it up over a couple of days will most likely give you good consistant results within less physical strain.
        Good Luck

Comment

You got your swirl marks free? My dealer charged extra for mine!

Really now, I hate that. A brand new vehicle and already you have to work on the paint!

It took me a while to get mine the way I wanted it.

Good Luck!
          "Meguiar's, Im back home Again, and plan to Stay!".
          They call me "Blue"

Comment

congrats on your new vehicle! Like everyone said, your approach seems great but yeah, it would definitely cost you an arm and a leg.. That car is just huge!!! hahaha! Well, I would highly suggest investing in a PC as it will not only cut the time you work on your car, but it will also give you more stellar results! Good luck and post pics when you're done!
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

When you get tendonitis in your arm after doing the entire vehicle with ScratchX make sure to send your medical bills to the dealership!

J/K

Hope it works out great for you!

Post some pics for us to see!

Good Luck

Chris
              Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');