• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$274 can of wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $274 can of wax

My wife would kill me if I bought it.

I think I'll stick to my Meguiar's waxes.....
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by eyezack87 View Post
      I have that, but I paid much much less than the asking price

I'm a wax collector though, so usually one use then its into my display cases

I buy high end waxes because I like their containers usually. Expensive hobby I have to say
      Isaac,

How many waxes do you have in your collection? Do you collect antique waxes along with the new?

Mike
      Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

IMHO, these "high-end" waxes give pro detailers a way to market and separate themselves when promoting their services. There obviously is a market for these waxes, and though I could never justify using them, they are here to stay.

My .02

Comment

Waxes are not all equal, although if one is satisfied with the results they can achieve using 15 dollar wax, than there is no reason to purchase a more expensive wax.

Honestly, if I had a new Ferrari I would spend 274 on a tub of wax, because I can. And.. lets face it, guys who drive exotics don't shop at walmart where we find meguiars products.

If they do, that's how they became wealthy. (saving money.)

With that being said, they all look the same to me. I'll stick to my 2.0 until I find another product I like. ( although I AM NOT 100% happy with my 2.0 but that;s because I've never used it onb a car with perfect paint so I've never seen it look it's best.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
            Isaac,

How many waxes do you have in your collection? Do you collect antique waxes along with the new?

Mike
            Oops, sorry for missing this Mike. I must've skipped over it in the past. I have about 12 waxes. Only new ones save for Pinnacle Paste Glaz which is sort of old. 2/10 are personalized special editions. I only collect relatively new waxes as I like their containers

I've used every single one except for one, which is the $274 wax in question lol. That one will have to hold up since I'm in a Supernatural and Concorso phase at the moment, otherwise NXT 2.0 or Collinite 845 and a nuba on top is usually my combo
            Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Wow Those Waxes Are Pricey. Anybody Know Where I Can Buy Megs#16?

Comment

This reminds me of my friend's store in an upscale section of Baltimore (yes, there really is an upscale section there)that had some Christmas items on discount. He was mystified that these weren't selling. He decided to remove them from the discount section and place them prominently in the new arrivals/designers area and promply marked them up. They all sold within the week. My long winded point, some people will pay for "designer" or "exclusive" items.

Comment

That $274 would buy me 20 bottles of NXT (the best!), or my G110 Kit with all the pads, liquids, and supplies I need. <3 Megs because the vehicle looks outstanding and I didn't spend my life savings on it like others .

Comment

Originally posted by H.E.D View Post
                    Anybody Know Where I Can Buy Megs#16?
                    You can order #16 from eShine in Canada.
                    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

^ Thanks.

Comment

If I was spending that much on a wax I'd use Swissvax products.
                        AeroCleanse, LLC
                        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Many years ago I was photographing cars at the Pebble Beach Concours. It was early in the morning about 5:30am and I was covering the unloading of the cars from their trailers. Ralph Lauren was there supervising his Bugatti Atlantique (which won best in show that year). After the car was removed from the trailer the pre showing last minute prep started. And they were using a "wax" that had been specially designed just for the chemistry of that particular cars paint. I was told that it cost over 20K US. The wax was applied by the bare hands of what looked like six male models, identically dressed with identical hairstyles and everything. As they were applying the wax it looked like they had just come out of the "Orgasmatron" from Woodie Allen's Sleeper!
                          It was just absurd to watch this level of fawning over a car.
                          But to get to the point, when they were finished applying the wax they wiped their hands off on paper towels and then started to remove the wax. I just had to go over to the trash can and grab a towel that had a lot of wax on it. I gave it a sniff and it smelled just like every other carnuba wax I had ever smelled. I stuffed the towel into a plastic sandwich bag to keep it from drying out and tried it out when I got back to Los Angeles. It did look darker than my standard at the time wax, a carnuba from Harly Wax. Yes it did look better, but $19,988 dollars better? No. But then again, as someone said earlier, if I had Ralph Laurens money, I might have a custom bespoke car wax made for my $15,000,000 Bugatti.

Comment

That wax that you saw at Pebble Beach is probably Zymol Royale Glaze (http://www.zymol.com/zymolroyaleglaze44oz.aspx) $8,416.00
                            AeroCleanse, LLC
                            Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I've seen a lot of cars with meguiar's carauba and brand x,costing as you say around $300.I have seen no difference in appearance or water beading.QED? probably this expensive stuff contains much higher percenteges of carnaubaand might last longer given the same conditions as it's counterpart.But you're right!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                                You wouldnt catch me using that wax any day of the week. I would take that 274 dollars and go crazy on one large order at ADS
                                Darn tootin' and you'll still have change over for a bottle of Jack Daniel's!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');