• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$274 can of wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $274 can of wax

Originally posted by Justin A View Post
    Ooooo BOGO would be nice. Does that offer apply to say...two jars of Souveran, or a jar of Souveran and a jar of something cheaper?
    Two jars of Souveran! Hang in there. I wouldn't be surprised if Souveran goes BOGO sometime later this summer.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
      Two jars of Souveran! Hang in there. I wouldn't be surprised if Souveran goes BOGO sometime later this summer.
      I might go mad waiting I'm going to have a new (to me) porsche later this week that is in DESPERATE need of a full detail to bring it up to my standards (swirled to hell and has been parked outside all day, every day for at least the past 4 years) of perfection. The first detail on it is going to be a special occasion warranting use of MPPP
      So why can AutoGeek get away with selling this stuff at half price sometimes? Is the markup on it that high?
      If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

So why can AutoGeek get away with selling this stuff at half price sometimes? Is the markup on it that high?
        Now that is a very interesting question ... Welcome to the world of high-end waxes.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Keep in mind that waxes that might "look" better will more than likely not last as long. It is a trade off. The best form of a protective sealant (last a very long time) will look like a smeary mess on your car. These are not made 'cause they don't sell!

Comment

Originally posted by pcunite View Post
            Keep in mind that waxes that might "look" better will more than likely not last as long. It is a trade off. The best form of a protective sealant (last a very long time) will look like a smeary mess on your car. These are not made 'cause they don't sell!
            Absolutely. That's why I fully intend to use NXT2.0 as a sealant prior to using any Carnauba products. I wax my car as close to weekly as possible, so longevity isn't an issue, but peace of mind is priceless .
            If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody there to record the event, how can you be certain that there was a tree or even a forest to begin with?

Comment

They are part of the same company that makes the product.
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

This sounds like the one I have heard about Zaino. I'm not saying it's not a good product but come on, Meg's is just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                  You wouldnt catch me using that wax any day of the week. I would take that 274 dollars and go crazy on one large order at ADS
                  Oh yea! That would be one huge order!

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
                    This sounds like the one I have heard about Zaino. I'm not saying it's not a good product but come on, Meg's is just as good.
                    Now Zaino is something I'll never try...I knew too many Zaino Zealots in high school that completely steered me away from their products...Their cars never looked as good as mine either.
                    I have no problem with Meguiars prep products - I'll even go so far as to say that I feel that they're the best...I just don't like to limit myself based on brand loyalty so I'm going to branch out on LSPs, but I still refuse to pay more than $100 for a wax...

Comment

Now Zaino is something I'll never try...I knew too many Zaino Zealots in high school that completely steered me away from their products...Their cars never looked as good as mine either.
                      I have no problem with Meguiars prep products - I'll even go so far as to say that I feel that they're the best...I just don't like to limit myself based on brand loyalty so I'm going to branch out on LSPs, but I still refuse to pay more than $100 for a wax...
                      A gentleman I know used Zaino wax (I'm not sure which No. since there products confuse me so much) side by side against NXT 2.0 on his hood. Guess which one he liked better.... That's right, the Meg's. Of course the zealots scoffed, but I really think that Meg's is the best on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Garage Troll View Post
                        A gentleman I know used Zaino wax (I'm not sure which No. since there products confuse me so much) side by side against NXT 2.0 on his hood. Guess which one he liked better.... That's right, the Meg's. Of course the zealots scoffed, but I really think that Meg's is the best on the market.
                        The Zaino zealots are one of the most bizarre crowds that I've met...I'm sure it's at least partly psychological - if you spend 2 days spraying products on and then wiping them off, you car MUST look incredible (like how I feel about paste waxes ) and everything else on the market that takes less time and effort to apply must be garbage. Facts are a crutch for the weak.

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                          Thats just insane! Most people arent going to be able to tell the difference between a $20 wax and a $274 one. But im sure people buy it and think its the best stuff ever just because of the price.

I just showed this thread to my wife. She said that you could tell the difference between the $274 wax and the $20 wax . The $274 one will have a devorce decree with it!!
                          Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

The Zaino zealots are one of the most bizarre crowds that I've met...I'm sure it's at least partly psychological - if you spend 2 days spraying products on and then wiping them off, you car MUST look incredible (like how I feel about paste waxes ) and everything else on the market that takes less time and effort to apply must be garbage. Facts are a crutch for the weak.
                            Well as Mike P. would say, "Find something you like, and use it often."

If they feel like applying 90 coats of zaino but they like the results, we honestly cant argue with that.

Even though I can get better results with 2 coats of M21, that's not the point lol
                            2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                            2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Caress Detailing View Post
                              Well as Mike P. would say, "Find something you like, and use it often."

If they feel like applying 90 coats of zaino but they like the results, we honestly cant argue with that.

Even though I can get better results with 2 coats of M21, that's not the point lol
                              Pretty much. Don't forget that M21 costs WAY less than the 90 coats of zaino.
                              I think I'm going to order a jar of Glasur this week...

Comment

I think I'm going to order a jar of Glasur this week...
                                I have read good things about Glasur. If one wants to try out a Zymol wax, Glasur appears to be the product with which to start. Let us know (at least let me know) how you like it.

Cheers,
                                Al
                                --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');