• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonded and Insured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonded and Insured?

For all of you who detail professionally, either brick & mortar shop or mobile, full time or part time, are you bonded and insured? Do you see the value of insuring your detailing business? For those of you who have it, does it help you generate new business and retain clients? What protection does it provide pertaining to customer complaints, both real and perceived?
    Have it, wouldn't run my business without it.
    24.14%
    Don't have it, but plan on getting it
    27.59%
    Don't have it, can't afford it.
    20.69%
    Don't have it, dont want/need it.
    27.59%

Re: Bonded and Insured?

Does very little to get new cients. In my 20+ yearsin business maybe 5 have asked for proof.

I have them booth because it is the responsible thing to do. My employees, clients, bystanders, property I have in my control and that I am working on are all protected.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

with Joe.
      The little amount of clients that I have either know that I am not and do not care, or they do not know at all. I know this is bad but I do not have a tax number and I am not a certified business. I am not happy about it, but I simply do not have the money for any of that stuff. Plus I am a kid and a minor. But if I had the money I would have all of that stuff.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

I am insured but not bonded.
        I think there is definite value in being insured. You get insurance to manage risk and ensure the livelyhood of your business. There are plenty of people out there who are devious and greedy. Insurance protects your investment.

Comment

Do any of you mind if I ask how much insurance is costing you for your business and what sort of coverages you have?

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
            Do any of you mind if I ask how much insurance is costing you for your business and what sort of coverages you have?
            I'd also like to know if anyone has any stories to share of the insurance saving your butt. Any stories of false claims etc. If they've already been discussed a link would be appreciated.

Can you get separate insurance to cover your own mistakes. Let's say you damage a vehicle while you are working on it.

Comment

I have Travelers & pay $1350.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');