• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pump up sprayer for chemicals or dressings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump up sprayer for chemicals or dressings

Anybody ever try a pump up sprayer for applying degreasers, cleaners, or dressings?

I seem to use a lot of APC+ on my tires & wheels each time I wash. I've got the Meg's bottle with foaming sprayer. My hand gets sore from squeezing so many times.

I was thinking of trying one of these small pump up bottles but I'm not sure how they'll spray.

Just a couple of the many examples:

From Northern Tool and actually made in USA
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w..._753427_753427

Or at ACE Hardware:
    http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...id=body_rv_img

It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Re: Pump up sprayer for chemicals or dressings

Interesting idea, keep in mind if you're using something like Super Degreaser or All Purpose Cleaners, and other such chemicals that the internal components may not be chemical resistant so you'll need to flush the internal components with water after use so they don't deteriorate.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by mckeand13 View Post
      Anybody ever try a pump up sprayer for applying degreasers, cleaners, or dressings?
      I have and use several of this type of sprayer.
      Mine came from a Family Dollar store and last year they cost $2.50 each. This year they are $3.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      Interesting idea, keep in mind if you're using something like Super Degreaser or All Purpose Cleaners, and other such chemicals that the internal components may not be chemical resistant so you'll need to flush the internal components with water after use so they don't deteriorate.

Quite true although I haven't had any problems other than having to clean the nozzle once on the one used for APC. I only use APC at the 10:1 ratio so a stronger mix might cause more of a problem.

I did have one bottle leak at the bottom seam which was probably a defect rather than the product causing it.

They are worth the $3, but they wouldn't be worth $14 or $15 to me. They are handy, but squeezing the trigger isn't that big of a deal.
      Charles
      The Rainmaker

Comment

I've used the smaller sprayer pumps and they did work well. I had wheel brightener 4:1 in one and that after a couple of weeks didn't spray anymore. If anything inside the sprayer is strong you'll need to make sure the sprayer is meant to resist strong chemicals. Here I am using plain water to rinse down my engine compartment.

Spraying Down
        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post

I use a similar one gallon garden sprayer with a wand nozzle to apply Last Touch. The mist comes out at the right amount, and it doesn't drip on my hand. Plus, I no longer have problem with the spray pump running "dry" when you have to contort the bottle at an angle. The model of garden sprayer I use has an angled spray nozzle which is really useful for catching the underside of the bumper covers and the rocker panels.

Comment

i have been using one of those handheld type sprayees for years to spray bleachwhite to clean my tires. work great!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');