• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxidation product....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxidation product....

Just cleaning trailer for first camping trip and oticed the front has some light oxidation. Probably due to the front getting hit by the sun most of the day and its lost its shine. THe sides looke fine. WHat is the best product to use to get rid of the oxidation.

I looked at the M4916 and the M4416. I would be doing it by hang (ugggg) since I dont have a DA polisher and to be frank not sure I'd trust myself to use it on my trailer yet.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly apprrciated.

Here is the front...

Here is the side..you can see how much more shiny it is....

Re: Oxidation product....

Again...best Megs product to use on my trailer??

Comment

March?

Sometimes threads fall through the cracks.....

44 and 49 would be my choices although I haven't used them.....

by hand I would get both and start least aggressive first in a test spot so you don't do the whole panel/trailer and not like the results.....

Here is a great resource for your trailer it may help until others chime in!

Premium Marine & RV Care

The tabs on the left for individual products to use for washing/Cleaning/Waxing etc.

But if it were me, I would get 44 and 49, 44 being less aggressive.

Remember the test spot and do a small area like 12X12 and do more than one pass in your test spot.
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Getting oxidation off of fiberglass RVs is difficult by hand. It's just not possible to apply even pressure with your hand and you will end up with a streaked finish, not to mention worn out hand and arm. Even using a DA can often require 2 applications to get an even gloss. It's hard to beat #49 for a one step product. Does a nice job of removing oxidation and leaving some gloss. If you are not ready to buy a DA, maybe you can borrow one? The difference in reaults will be night and day.
        Barry

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');