• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Fill The Wash Bucket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Do You Fill The Wash Bucket?

dont think theres any difference, but if you pour in the soap first then as you fill the bucket with water, there tends to be more suds than water, and you wont be able to see when the bucket reaches the right amount of water... so thats why i think it would be better to fill the bucket with water first so there is not too much water..

plz CMIIW (im still learning too) :]
    Ganesa,
    Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

I used to add the soap first and make sure I got lots of bubbles, but since joining this forum, I have mended my ways and now fill the buckets first, then add the soap.That way I know the soap measured is properly mixed with the correct amount of water. Just one of about 1000 tips I have picked up here....
      Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
        dont use a bucket?? but you do use a foam gun rite ? hehe :]
        Nope, no foam gun. Unfortunately I don't have much choice but to use a Pay N' Spray.
        Sam

Comment

I fill up half of the bucket with water, place the soap, then fill up the other half. I like to see some suds.
          Greetings from the Montero Sport Club of the Philippines! Visit us online at: www.monterosportclubphils.com

Comment

I put in a bit of water then add the soap then add the rest of the water.
            Scott

Comment

I've seen the video but I just can't force myself to add the water first. I put in a couple GLUGS of soap, hit it with jet from the hose, and fill it until the soap flows over the bucket.

Once trick I do is halfway up I submerge the nozzle into the water and suds and it doesn't bubble as much so I get a 1/2 to 3/4 filled with water.
              2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

Interesting topic.

Here is how I do it after all the tips from all around.

Fill my bucket with water till barely 3 gallons. Then I add the 3 oz of soap. I have a plastic cup that I marked to the 3oz level. I mix the soap in and then do a final spray in the water with hose to get suds all the way to the top.

Comment

I've alway's done soap first then water for sud's. I always thought the more sud's the better is this wrong??

Comment

soap first...always...I don't wanna waste 4-5 oz of soap creating wash solution, I'd rather have some suds...Shampoo Plus doesn't foam too much, 2 oz of shampoo, then 2 gallons of water...

Comment

little water --> soap --> more water. Adding a couple ounces of water before the soap lets the soap move easier, doesn't settle on the bottom of the bucket. I use Gold Class FWIW.
                      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

well, until i saw mikes video a few days back i had ALWAYS added a very small amt of water to bucket, then soap then blasted the bucket and got a LOAD of suds, which i thought was correct. Now i know better, but havent washed a vehicle yet since seeing the vid. I also need a second bucket, a couple grit guards and something other than beach/bath towels to dry the vehicle with!
                        Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
                        1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
                        1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Here's an idea I use. when you have a new, or even used bottle of soap mark on it with a sharpie dividing it into 3oz or 4oz sections (approx). Then you don't need a measuring cup.

Personally I put soap in first and submerge the nozzle when filling and get just the right amount of suds, I think. I've been using ONR more and more though.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
                            well, until i saw mikes video a few days back i had ALWAYS added a very small amt of water to bucket, then soap then blasted the bucket and got a LOAD of suds, which i thought was correct. Now i know better, but havent washed a vehicle yet since seeing the vid. I also need a second bucket, a couple grit guards and something other than beach/bath towels to dry the vehicle with!
                            Yep. The ol' Poor Man's Gilmour Foam Gun. I think we've all been that guy before finding MOL.

Comment

I always put a blob of soft gel in the bottom of the bucket and then put my finger over the outlet to get as much pressure as possible(with,luke warm water),and i get tons of foam an' suds....lovley jubbly mmmm.

i just tell by the weight,how much water is in there.plenty for one car.

Comment

I fill the bucket to 3/4 then add the car wash, then I add a bit more water to swish it around a bit more, as I've noticed that NXT generation needs a bit of swishing to incorporate it, (and yes, I believe swish is the technical term, hehe )

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');