• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do You Fill The Wash Bucket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Do You Fill The Wash Bucket?

Water first, soap, then a short burst from the hose to mix the soap with minimal suds.
    Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
    by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

When researching the 2 bucket method I came across the recommendation to fill with water then add soap otherwise you get too many suds, not enough water. So I tried it out, like it, and continue with it.

Comment

I alway's thought the more sud's the better???

Comment

Originally posted by Jossy92 View Post
          Water first, soap, then a short burst from the hose to mix the soap with minimal suds.
          my method too. Gotta have some suds.
          Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP
          Rides: 94 XJ & 04 Explorer XLT

Comment

All plan on how I am feeling and weather or not I have the soap right next to me. If I do not have it right next to me I will fill with water and then put it in and mix it up. Other times I will put some water in and then soap and then more water.

Comment

Water first but I blast the mix with more water a few times to get mo suds
              Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
              baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

I like some suds but NOT like when you pour a root beer and get tons of suds with 1" of drink at the bottom.

When I fill up the bucket, I put the water first and then the gold class car wash.

Comment

Soap first 5 gal bucket,place hose( without nozzle) in bottom of bucket and fill
                  The pressure from the hose will mix the soap and by having the hose end under the water during filling you will get some suds but a full bucket of washing liquid and not have foam all over.

Comment

my vote is water then soap.. after that with meg's MF mitts inside... i squeeze the mitt repeatedly to build up the suds (just a bit though)..

Comment

I add water, then soap, then agitate, then get to washing.

Comment

Originally posted by That Sam Guy View Post
                        Nope, no foam gun. Unfortunately I don't have much choice but to use a Pay N' Spray.

I use the pay 'n spray sometimes too, but whenever I do, I bring a bucket with me. I spray it down nicely, then wash it with the bucket and wash mitt, then hose it down one last time. Costs a little bit more that way but it works. There has never been so many people the bays are full, so I don't really see how it's a problem. I asked the guy one time when he was working there and he said he guessed it's alright.

On the original topic, I put water first, then soap, then I spin around the grit guard a few times to mix the soap in, and sometimes spray a little more water in for a few suds.
                        Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                        Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                        2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

In the past I've always been a fan of suds. It just makes it seem like you're really doing something. But i didn't really know what it was that i was doing. Nor did i care about the amount of soap used haha. I was pretty reckless.
                          I've heard somewhere that the suds causes a sort of 'lubrication' if your car is extra dirty though.
                          Has anyone else heard anything like this?
                          If it wasn't true, why would companies even make a solution that suds like that?
                          I guess i'm still a bit naive.
                          Click for more pictures of my tC

Comment

Originally posted by paul.segovich View Post
                            In the past I've always been a fan of suds. It just makes it seem like you're really doing something. But i didn't really know what it was that i was doing. Nor did i care about the amount of soap used haha. I was pretty reckless.
                            I've heard somewhere that the suds causes a sort of 'lubrication' if your car is extra dirty though.
                            Has anyone else heard anything like this?
                            If it wasn't true, why would companies even make a solution that suds like that?
                            I guess i'm still a bit naive.
                            Good point/question.

It's the adding of air that makes the bubbles/suds. Does this make the product better as it's job of being a lubricant or removing dirt better? I think one purpose of a foam gun is so the soap sticks the vehicle as opposed to running off.

I'd have to guess and say that suds probably do contain more soap vs water then the combo with no suds. But I'd also think once the suds are applied with a mitt full of water that it's not going to make much of a difference.

Comment

its still decently warm here in NJ during the day..highs during the day are around 55-62 degrees..but when it gets really cold i unfortuanetly have to shut off my water supply to the hose outside as the pipes freeze..it gets really cold here..i have self serve car wash..its 3 bucks for 5 minutes of using the pressure washer, foam brush........................of course i dont use the foam brush !! lol i plan on going there in the winter to use their water supply..the only thing that ***** is that id have to use 3 dollars to get the water going to fill up both of my buckets and then rinse down the car real good...i wont have enough time to get my car washed with my soap and mitt...the time would be up by the time i got to even just half way aroudn the car..and i like to take my time washing my car being careful to not press to hard on the paint and ensuring i get every bit of my car...and of course i make sure i rinse my mitt thoroughly which all takes time which you cannot possibly do in 5 minutes. so i guess ill be paying 6 dollars for 10 minutes...its the best i can do to keep it clean in the winter
                              Addicted

Comment

Little water in the bucket first, then pour in soap, then suds up with the rest of the water. I find it mixes the soap with the water pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');