• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Geneva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from Geneva

Thanks for the link to the pictures, it looks sharp! I really like what they've done with the 5 series! Keep us posted with the swirls.
    Rick McDonough
    Customer Engagement - Digital Content Editor
    Meguiar's Inc.
    1.800.854.8073 * 3853
    rmcdonough@meguiars.com

Comment

Spent another morning with claybar and ScratchX, even though it doesn't remove the swirls. Just wanted a more decent base for the protective wax layer that she was so sorely missing. It looks ok from a distance at least. Oh, and summer wheels on!

Comment

Originally posted by mikael View Post
        Spent another morning with claybar and ScratchX, even though it doesn't remove the swirls. Just wanted a more decent base for the protective wax layer that she was so sorely missing. It looks ok from a distance at least. Oh, and summer wheels on!

ScratchX does in fact remove swirls but you need to use the right technique and if you're using the old ScratchX then it usually takes a lot of applications as most clear coat paints are pretty hard as compared to old school single stage paints.

We've introduced a new abrasive technology and reformulated ScratchX and now it really works great. More info here,

Swirl and Scratch Removers
        Ultimate Compound
        ScratchX 2.0
        SwirlX

Most aggressive to least aggressive -->

Your images didn't show up because they are not actually "URL Addresses" to the image themselves?

How to place a picture into your message
        Digital cameras are GREAT! But if you don't know how to get your pictures off your computer and into your messages nobody's going to ever get to see your really cool pictures.
        Working with photos on discussion forums

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!! Read through the threads below to get you started.

Basic List O' Links
          List O' Links 2.0

Ryan
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I just picked up a tube of ScratchX 2.0 today. I wanted the Ultimate Compound but couldn't find any (I'm in Canada at the moment). Will give that a go when I get home.

My technique can most certainly be improved upon, I used a D/A polisher with the foam pad that came with the machine (Bosch PE 400 something). The "old" ScratchX does work, it takes out smaller swirls. I've done up to three applications and it get's better with each one, but I want something faster. Looking forward to trying the 2.0 version!

A couple of new pads would be nice too, but haven't been able to find my size (the Velcro backing plate on my machine is 5" in diameter).

Comment

Ok, so I uploaded the pics to this site as the link didn't work. This is how she looks with M5 rims:

Comment

Originally posted by mikael View Post
                I just picked up a tube of ScratchX 2.0 today. I wanted the Ultimate Compound but couldn't find any (I'm in Canada at the moment). Will give that a go when I get home.

My technique can most certainly be improved upon, I used a D/A polisher with the foam pad that came with the machine (Bosch PE 400 something). The "old" ScratchX does work, it takes out smaller swirls. I've done up to three applications and it get's better with each one, but I want something faster. Looking forward to trying the 2.0 version!

A couple of new pads would be nice too, but haven't been able to find my size (the Velcro backing plate on my machine is 5" in diameter).
                Ok, so the ScratchX 2.0 is more agressive than the older version, it worked very well taking out scratches and swirls when working it by hand. But I had less luck by machine. I am pretty sure that's due to the pad though so looking forward to trying with a proper pad. I've ordered a 6-pack of the SoftBuff 2.0 pads from ADS, just hope they will fit my machine!

Also ordered Ultimate Compound, 105 and 205 so shortly I should be able to work those swirls off by machine!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');