• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M135/UQD or Last Touch as a detailer? Your preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so after I read this thread, I have a few questions. I see that a lot of people are using UQD after washes a lot but wouldn't UQW be a better product for the occasion? What is the reason to people choosing to use UQD after a wash? Another question I have would be, is why everyone says UQD can't be used as a claying lube? Some you just need something to lubricate the surface? I would think that uqd is quite lubricating. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comment

Re: M135/UQD or Last Touch as a detailer? Your preference?

Originally posted by vctrku View Post
      Okay, so after I read this thread, I have a few questions. I see that a lot of people are using UQD after washes a lot but wouldn't UQW be a better product for the occasion? What is the reason to people choosing to use UQD after a wash? Another question I have would be, is why everyone says UQD can't be used as a claying lube? Some you just need something to lubricate the surface? I would think that uqd is quite lubricating. Thanks in advance for your help!
      I like to use UQW after a wash. If the car is just a little dusty, I'll use UQD instead of a wash and follow with UQW because it adds to the slickness and it only takes a few minutes. I guess UQD will remove waterspots as well but it doesn't leave the paint as slick as UQW, IMO.

The thing about using UQD as a clay lube is, I believe, it is too slippery and makes the clay less effective at pulling off the contaminants. Last Touch is also too slippery unless diluted.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');