• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my first rotary job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first rotary job

here is the link , with picture , before and after , i use meguiar`s products with makita .

any advice is welcome , 10x
    proreflection
    *Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Re: my first rotary job

here is full version:
    well i don`t do this for living yet but plan to...everything start with curiosity to find a way to clean my car and give it a good look even if is 8 years old. got a orbital buffer , cheap with some good bonets. i try 1, 2, 3 steps with meguiars, but with orbital buffer and some terry/microfiber bonets u can not made too much. i was looking in wax the car didn`t know too much about corecting paint.

Before:

after:

i don`t remember if i use clay bar at that time. but for sure i use carnuba wax, no3 from 1,2,3 kit. alot of stuff was cover by polish , so if i wash the car is till have imperfections, i didn`t pu the rotary on it yet.
    back to rotary i got makita and order some pads and 105,83,80 , and i got this chev tahoe for practice, pass rear fender was respray and i send it down with 1000-1500-2000 fallow with makita wool pad and 105, and results u see it in the pictures.

i use 600-900-1500 rpm and after 2-3 pass with 1500 went down 900-600 and move on to next piece. of course i wash the car using a foam sponge with gold class soap , claybar, wash again , tape all the areas...kind of miss some spots, and i went with 105 and wool pad all away around , is a family car all full of scretchs \even dog ones. send everything that was visible with 2000 and wash the area again wirh soap and raise with water.

i would say i remove 95% of existing scretches wat was left are deep ones that need touch up . after 105 i went with polish pad meg and 83 all away around.but the paste was give me hard time and i start spray 50/50 water with alchool to get the paste wet so i can gfinish the panel. it worked.

so.. this was my first day of practice. i wish i went with 80 but got dark and i couldn`t see the glaze at work. i start late this project and took me 8 h everything , but was practice and first time with rotary at work .the car got wax , no 3 carnuba wax , and reflactions mother polymer car wax, both aplly in diferent step and remove with orbital buffer ( clean bonets).

my future plan is to learn and practice how to touch up chips, and deep scretchs . also i have to brake down the time to 6 hours for a similar project.
    here are some pic, unfortunatly they move the car next day so ...plus some dust polen end up on the finish when it ook the pic. the car is outside 24/7.

and... the hood in the sky
    proreflection

Comment

Looks like you're off to a great start!

Just to note, after inserting an image, hit your enter key and put a little space in-between your photos, it makes it easier on your readers eyes to scan and read the thread. Also break up large chunks of text into smaller chunks as this makes your writing more inviting to read. Large chunks of text tend to scare people away. (I edited your post and added some spaces and broke up you text into paragraphs).
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

nice job on the truck, I like that paint color
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Congrats. The suv looks great. Nice work.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            Congrats. The suv looks great. Nice work.
            thank you , i plan to wetsand my car by end of the year,will be my best advertise, until that i have to get a gauge and other tools and practice. i will try to post right, and i am happy to join mol , i wish i did this early, like 4-5 years ago when i paint a bike kandy blue and i left it with orange peel i was afraid of buffing , but was a good color for show events , even like that went well.
            tomorow i have a beat up chevy impala , will be a radical improvement if i do my magic pactice.
            proreflection

Comment

Nice Job!!
              Looks Great!!
              Huge Improvement!!
              Keep Up the Great Work!!
              Joel
              Firefighter/EMT-B
              Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
              "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
              '99 F-150

Comment

I somewhat skipped the written portion, but the pics tell all. Fantastic! Good start!

Comment

whay to go! keep practicing dude, machine polish is all about experience.

Comment

wow lol, thats a great job! how much was your rotary?
                    mujjuman

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');