• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScratchX, SwirlX on plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScratchX, SwirlX on plastic?

I know plasticx is recommended product for plastic use, but can scratchX, swirlx or ultimate compound be used on plastics?

Re: ScratchX, SwirlX on plastic?

It is not officially tested or recommended, so doing so is purely at your own risk.

That said, I often use M205 to polish out tail lights with great success. Use a test spot, and a little common sense... start with the least aggressive product and adjust accordingly.

I do think snagging a bottle of PlastX is a good idea though as it finishes out extremely well on clear and colored plastic.

Comment

I woud just stick with PlastX, it works good on headlights.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have PlastX and love it, I also use M105 for really bad oxidization on our Yukon Taillights and finish with PlastX.

Haven't tried ScratchX or SwirlX though.....

Give it a whirl and as Mark said, use least aggressive and get a process dialed in.

Can't go wrong with PlastX though. It works great on CD's/DVD's/Game Disks too!
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Lagos View Post
          I know plasticx is recommended product for plastic use, but can scratchX, swirlx or ultimate compound be used on plastics?
          What are you working on?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            What are you working on?

I have some scratches in the face plate of my head unit, as well as my boost gauge, and safc. Not a huge surface area.

Comment

For what it's worth, I went over the plastic sideview mirror housings with Scratch-X and Swirl-X using my G110.

See http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...442#post294442 for results.

Comment

I tried them out. Worked great for what I needed it for.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');