• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT2, 5, 20, and 26... whats the diff??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT2, 5, 20, and 26... whats the diff??

Sorry, maybe its just all the numbers and descriptions confusing me, but whats the difference between NXT2 (what I use now on my 7 month old car) and 5, 20, and 26??

And so, whats best? After I clay the car for the first time next week, should I use a polish before wax? Which one? Then which wax?

AARRGH!! So confused but only want the best for my paint.

Agent
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: NXT2, 5, 20, and 26... whats the diff??

As taken from the Meguiar's Direct database.....

NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0 is a scientific breakthrough that introduces a new dimension of gloss and protection. This improved formula produces unbelievably deep, vibrant color and a dramatically clear wet-look. New Hydrophobic Polymer Technology™ provides relentless water beading and protection against oxidation, corrosion, UV rays and surface degradation. "Hydrophobic" means "water-fearing" and this new breakthrough technology builds such incredible protection and surface tension that water beads up and just glides off your paint finish, wash after wash!

#5 = New Car Glaze

New Car Glaze produces a high gloss with minimum effort. Provides rich nutrients to restore paint's shine. Ideal for humid conditions. Safe and effect on fiberglass, plastic and paint.

#20 = Polymer Sealant

Polymer Sealant is a unique blend of polymers, silicones and imported waxes that create a brilliant high gloss finish that outlasts all other traditional waxes. Safe and effective on all paint finishes, including clear coats.

#26 = Hi-Tech Yellow

Hi-Tech Yellow Wax is a premium yellow Carnauba wax blended with silicones, polymers and other waxes. Adds richness and depth of color. Provides ultimate high gloss protection to any previously cleaned and polished paint finish. Available in liquid or paste.
    NXT is a fine choice for your car, 20 has some cleaning capabilities, #5 is a polish that is an option but a lot of people like using a polish before waxing, 26 is a great carnuba blend wax that dries clear.

All great waxes, you just have to decide. I read and read and read what others say about waxes and decided for myself.....

I use NXT 2.0 on cars I detail for other people as it's easily available to the consumer. I use M1611 on my cars currently but have used M26/M21 and Gold Class all with great results..... My other waxes are M19, ColorX and I just got some M20 sample that I would love to try maybe this weekend.....
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

If you have never used a cleaner wax on your car I would suggest a nice clay bar session, followed by a coat of M20, and then your NXT 2.0. It's a wicked combination that really sets off any color paint I have ever tried it on.

Comment

First of all don't freak out, we all were confused at one point
        NXT is a great product

"The best" is defined by you.
        If you like what NXT does then use it.

#5 is a pure polish with no synthetic additives
        All the others have a few more ingredients to enhance there performance.
        You really only need a pure polish for a car show or a museum or if your really Crazy for your car and like to wax it every week!

NXT has stuff in it to help it protect your car from the elements and to be more durable then just a pure polish.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
          As taken from the Meguiar's Direct database.....

NXT is a fine choice for your car, 20 has some cleaning capabilities, #5 is a polish that is an option but a lot of people like using a polish before waxing, 26 is a great carnuba blend wax that dries clear.

All great waxes, you just have to decide. I read and read and read what others say about waxes and decided for myself.....

I use NXT 2.0 on cars I detail for other people as it's easily available to the consumer. I use M1611 on my cars currently but have used M26/M21 and Gold Class all with great results..... My other waxes are M19, ColorX and I just got some M20 sample that I would love to try maybe this weekend.....
          First off, I recently saw your Meguiars arsenal in your garage I think it was and you, are crazy! You could open a store!

Thanks for the advice. I looked up M1611 and I see its no longer available. All well. I'm currently using nxt wash but I was using gc wash. I like nxt better. Thinking I might try the nxt then m21 or like you said m26 then m21.

Sealant will always be the last step, right? Thanks for the info!

THANKS to Mark Kleis and Mario as well. I'll be taking all this into account. This site is a great wealth of information and digesting it all at once can be overwhelming.

Comment

M1611 is no longer available, but I got me some cans!

In a true 5 step, maintaining is the final step.....

I would say just try different combo's, ADS sells samples if you want to go that route.

Check out: List O' Links 2.0

Ryan L. put together some great reading!
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

At $23.00/bottle, do you think the extra step of #20 after a clay and before the NXT 2 is worth it?

Times are tight and I'm wondering if this will make a big visible difference.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 99 View Post
                At $23.00/bottle, do you think the extra step of #20 after a clay and before the NXT 2 is worth it?

Times are tight and I'm wondering if this will make a big visible difference.

thanks
                I'm sure it will still look fantastic without it. I just suggest the M20 because it is such a pleasure to use and I am always happy with the results.

Comment

whats the difference with the discontinued #16 mirror glaze paste wax?
                  Ganesa,
                  Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

The #16 had stuff that wasnt 'environmentally friendly' in it. Of course that usually means the good stuff.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
                      whats the difference with the discontinued #16 mirror glaze paste wax?
                      It should only be used on vechiles already in excellent shape. I hear its a pain
                      to wipe off if put on too heavy.
                      Nick
                      Tucker's Detailing Services
                      815-954-0773
                      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                        The #16 had stuff that wasnt 'environmentally friendly' in it. Of course that usually means the good stuff.
                        yea all the "unfriendly stuff in it" :]... do you think it is worth trying and have in my arsenal???

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                        It should only be used on vechiles already in excellent shape. I hear its a pain
                        to wipe off if put on too heavy.
                        Yea, I heard that its a nightmare to buff if the layer is too thick... but doesnt all waxes suppose to be applied on vehicles in excelent shape??
                        Ganesa,
                        Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

If you really wanted to try M16 you can get it here.

Meguiar's #16 Professional Paste Wax

Thats where i get mine!

Andy M.
                          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I bought two tins of M16 from eshine, it was around $38 or $32 for it. Really good price
                            2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                            2005 Honda CRF250R
                            2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

@andy: would you recommend me getting one, as a must have item???
                              Ganesa,
                              Toyota Vios '05

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');