• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

floor mats??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floor mats??

Hi guys I'm doing a Tacoma right now and it has light tan floor mats.I do not own a extractor and have never used one.I haven't had a problem before.These floor mats have the same wear and tear look to them as most.The drivers side has that darker worn look and nothing has worked.The whole car is done but I can't bring myself to put those floor mats back in it.So far I have used a very diluted degreaser,APC,spot remover,and I have a cheapo steam cleaner I fired up and agitated with a brush but no results at all.They look just like they did when I got it.Any help at all will be appreciated.I will be up tonight trying to finish for delivery at 10am

Re: floor mats??

I throw my floor mats in the washer and set them out to dry when done. Double rinse.

I have thrown bleach in with them, but did so in my own floor mats.....Use bleach at your own risk

The spot remover you tried, was it Quik Out? That stuff works pretty dang good.

They could be just stained from someone stepping in oil or grease. Try a heavier Super Degreaser dilution maybe.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

How did you rinse them? You could rinse with a hose, scrub more, rinse with a hose etc. then leave them out to dry.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Maybe a stronger concentration of apc?

If you do wash them in the wash machine, make sure you place them nap side of the mats against the outer wall. You will get more water out when it goes through the spin cycle.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');