• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How quick is quick using NXT Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How quick is quick using NXT Spray Wax

Tried using the NXT Spray Wax the other day. Previously, I used a "Quick Polish" spray of another brand to give my car the just waxed look after each wash. With this "quick polish", all I needed to do was to spray on, spread and wipe off. That took about 5-10mins.

With the NXT spray wax, a little time and effort was required. Tried rubbing it in the first time in circular motions the first time I used it. That took a while. So I tried spreading it with a terry cloth evenly the second time I used it, that was a little quicker. Clear "quick" difference as compared to a complete re-waxing is the preparation required, the time taken to apply the wax and of course, the easier removal once hazed. Any optimal method to apply the Spray Wax to really make it a 'quick' process?

One last note is of course, the NXT spray wax provided more superior shine and wet look as compared to the quick polish of the other brand I used to use
    S60slipstream

SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Today I washed the stang and applied some booster wax onto a MF and wiped on and wipe off after drying to haze. Took about 15 minutes total and it's better applying the booster wax to a MF or Terry cloth to apply. I had seen a thread with Mike's daughter applying the booster wax onto the MF or terry and wipe on the entire vehicle. Lot faster doing it this way.
      2003 Black Cobra, ported/pullied, built SRA, custom tune, exhaust, cooling mods...11.06 @ 125mph
      2006 4Runner, daily driver
      2006 Avalon XLS, family ride

Comment

Tried spreading and applying quik wax with applicator pad recently. Have done this with terry cloth before. Think I have to agree that using a terry cloth is a little quicker due to a wider contact of cloth to car surface during spreading process. But advantage of using applicator pad is a more even spread as well as more complete spread around edges. Maybe these benefits may not be necessary as after all the booster wax is just what it says --> a booster to boost appearance vs a more detailed, effort driven waxing process for appearance and protection and lastability (if there is such a word)
        S60slipstream

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');