• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!water etching (type 2 water spot) maybe more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!water etching (type 2 water spot) maybe more

it was parked outside during the days of rain last week/weekend, but was driven everyday.. so i dont know how it could've happened.
    so far, i've tried, ult compound, quixx scratch remover, nxt wax...
    i took it to the dealer and carwash place, both of them tried 3m ult compound, dealer tried somethign else too.. dont knwo what it was.. but all with no resolve...
    whats shown is on the trunk lid, and its all over the top of my car. everywhere...
    HELPPPPP!

Re: HELP!!water etching (type 2 water spot) maybe more

Not even sure if those look like water spots? Hope you didnt get sprayed with something?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

that looks odd, how did you apply Ultimate Compound?
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

with a cheap "orbital" from advance auto parts. thought it was a better way of applying it by hand. it prob didn't do much other than just rubbing it around. i dont know.

Comment

Weird. Can you feel it?

Ive taken water spots off with my nail (yes I know)..... Than the remaining portion came off during the wash...

Water etching on the other hand usually needs to be polished out. But Ive never seen water etching or a water spot like that that didnt come out with washing/polishing. BTW, ive never tried it on paint, but on glass, vinegar works great on taking out light water etching.

EDIT: Was your car previously waxed prior to the rain? I guess Ive never seen water spots like that since my car is always waxed or sealed so the water beads up and forms really small tight water spots. If it were a water spot it would have definitely came out with the polishing/compounding

Comment

i can't feel it, i tried vinegar too, didn't work.
            it was waxed before, and from what i've read on the forums, beading intensifys the effect, since they're all concentrated..i dont know if its acid rain or not....

Comment

Originally posted by xgwsx View Post
              with a cheap "orbital" from advance auto parts. thought it was a better way of applying it by hand. it prob didn't do much other than just rubbing it around. i dont know.
              For something like what your trying to accomplish, you are better off trying to remove that defect with a foam applicator pad by hand. The Orbital buffer is not powerful enough to remove serious defects and your two hands are actually better.

So try ScratchX 2.0 or Ultimate Compound by hand with a foam applicator pad and see what results you get.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

its 11pm, but i will do it now, haha i'm so eager to get these gone
                edit--
                nope it didnt work=(=(

Comment

I have a Mercedes Benz 500SL. When I got the car, it was covered with water spots that may have accumulated for years. I tried everything to no avail. I came to this site and found out about Ultimate Compound. I am still in the process because it takes awhile but with diligence, the spots are gone! The car in general looks like one of those Chinese lacquered jewel boxes.....absolutely like new and maybe better if that's possible. I will finish off with the Ultimate wax they recommend when I am done and I expect it to stay this way .Thanks for a great product that actually works ! The color is black

Comment

Glad it's working out for you!

Just have a close look in direct sunlight at the areas where you applied UC. Make sure you have not hazed / marred that black paint, since UC is fairly aggressive. If there is hazing present, follow up with Ultimate Polish to clean it up, then wax with UW.
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                      Glad it's working out for you!

Just have a close look in direct sunlight at the areas where you applied UC. Make sure you have not hazed / marred that black paint, since UC is fairly aggressive. If there is hazing present, follow up with Ultimate Polish to clean it up, then wax with UW.
                      I'll do just as you recommend. So far, no hazing but it does take awhile. These water spots are tough sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');