• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question on #50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on #50

can #50 Cleaner Wax be used with a DA?
    What am I, fly-paper for morons?

Re: question on #50

It sure can, if you have the paste, others scoop some out with a plastic butter knife/plastic spoon and put it on the pad, done it with NXT All Metal Polysh before, works great.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

no, I have the liquid, not the paste.

If the liquid version is not "approved" for DA use, what would be the downside of trying to apply it with a DA? Does it just dry up to dust too quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by BarryK View Post
        If the liquid version is not "approved" for DA use, what would be the downside of trying to apply it with a DA? Does it just dry up to dust too quickly?
        Just to note, the liquid version is approved for use with a DA Polisher and works quite well this way. While we don't recommend using our foam cutting pads on CLEAR COAT Automotive paints, you can use them on oxidized gel-coats and the combination of M50 and a small foam cutting pad works really well to remove oxidation and leave behind a high shine, protected finish.

Use the 5.0 Speed Setting and follow all the tips and techniques listed here,

How To use: G110 - G220 - G100 - PC/Porter Cable - UDM
        If you're moving up to machine polishing, be sure to read the below thread before starting...
        Tips & Techniques for using the G110, G100, G220 and the PC Dual Action Polisher
        (These are all similar tools)

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks Mike!
          Glad to hear that #50 is approved for use with a DA. The boat is a 27' Fountain speedboat so using a DA will be much quicker than having to do it by hand.

I use a Flex 4301 DA and was thinking of trying a test spot using the #50 and a white CCS LC 6.5" pad and than seeing if I need to go up to an Orange pad or not. All depends on the condition I'll find when I see the boat next week

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');