• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"...water magnet is just an ordinary towel." - Mirror Glaze store owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...water magnet is just an ordinary towel." - Mirror Glaze store owner

So here in Louisville, we're lucky enough to have a Mirror Glaze store. However, the owner is seriously misinformed or something. He's always giving me bad advice and trying to sell old stuff thats been discontinued. Like last time when I bought a discontinued Medallion wax. I was uninformed and he said it was better than NXT2. Whatever.

Now, I'm informed and I called to see if he has any Water Magnets so I could have one fast and not wait for shipping. So he answers and says the Water Magnet is just an ordinary towel.

I just hung up. What a terrible representation of the Meguiars company this guy is! Plus, his prices are insane.
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: "...water magnet is just an ordinary towel." - Mirror Glaze store owner

"Plus, his prices are insane." and it seems he gives awful customer service. Why even shop there? I wouldn't!
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

if he has it, then i would buy it. The Meguiars Water Magnet is no ordinary towel. I used to hate drying my truck, now i have three of them and it just makes things so much easier.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

For years up until a year ago, I used old out of service bath towels to dry my vehicles, until I discovered microfiber. I don't think there were many choices before microfiber except a chamois. I hated the lint left behind by those old bath towels.

Now, I couldn't imagine drying my car any other way except with microfiber towels!

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
          For years up until a year ago, I used old out of service bath towels to dry my vehicles, until I discovered microfiber. I don't think there were many choices before microfiber except a chamois. I hated the lint left behind by those old bath towels.

Now, I couldn't imagine drying my car any other way except with microfiber towels!
          Yeah this guy is a quack and I'm just not going to him unless I just have to.

He doesnt have the water magnet which I know is no ordinary towel. Heck with him. Its too bad he represents such a great company is such a bad way.
          2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Comment

Unfortunately it is not possible to make sure every place that sells Meguiar's products is properly educated.

Same logic applies to auto dealerships... you have to take what some people say with a grain of salt, and realize they are not truly representing Meguiar's (or the auto manufacturer in the case of my example).

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
              Unfortunately it is not possible to make sure every place that sells Meguiar's products is properly educated.

Same logic applies to auto dealerships... you have to take what some people say with a grain of salt, and realize they are not truly representing Meguiar's (or the auto manufacturer in the case of my example).
              I think you need to pay him a visit Mark! Convince him otherwise .

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                I think you need to pay him a visit Mark! Convince him otherwise .
                Haha, might be a bit of a drive...

Comment

Yeah, same thing. Sure! Stay away from that guy.

Comment

I think every parts store that carries meg's products are like this. After reading here for awhile, and becoming "educated" the parts store guys have no idea what their selling. everytime i call looking for a particular product they say they dont have and offer up another product that is nothing like what i was looking for. I once called looking for ColorX and D151, they didn't know of those products and offered So1o cream

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 99 View Post
                      He's always giving me bad advice and trying to sell old stuff thats been discontinued. Like last time when I bought a discontinued Medallion wax. I was uninformed and he said it was better than NXT2. Whatever.
                      The Medallion wax wasn't discontinued because it was bad or inferior, FYI.

Also, the WM is actually the only Meguiar's product I have not liked, not that it takes care of the problem...

Comment

It is a shame that in specialty stores the people do not take the time to educate themselves, It is very frustrating.

Water magnets are great to dry your vehicles.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I purchased the Water Magnets several years ago but found something I liked better. I did get a chance to see another sample WM at Detail Fest and it looks like the construction has changed. It seemed a bit softer than what I had purchased -- yes I know how to wash MF towels.
                          Al
                          ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                            It is a shame that in specialty stores the people do not take the time to educate themselves, It is very frustrating.

Water magnets are great to dry your vehicles.
                            I agree with you on both counts. After I graduated high school I went to work for a local western wear store selling boots. I had always worn them and knew the basics but I didn't really KNOW anything about them. I spent hours researching and even contacting the boot companies reps to find out everything I could. Now I can tell you how a boot is built from start to finish and even give you a play by play of how a piece of leather comes from the animal and finds its way to a boot. Fascinating information.
                            2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

Originally posted by Agent 99 View Post
                              So here in Louisville, we're lucky enough to have a Mirror Glaze store. However, the owner is seriously misinformed or something. He's always giving me bad advice and trying to sell old stuff thats been discontinued. Like last time when I bought a discontinued Medallion wax. I was uninformed and he said it was better than NXT2. Whatever.

Now, I'm informed and I called to see if he has any Water Magnets so I could have one fast and not wait for shipping. So he answers and says the Water Magnet is just an ordinary towel.

I just hung up. What a terrible representation of the Meguiars company this guy is! Plus, his prices are insane.
                              I live in Louisville, KY also and I have been to this distributor several times. I like Paul (the owner), he is a good guy and goes out of his way for customers but I too have received incorrect information from him before also. I wouldn't say he is clueless about Meguiars products but from calling Meg's customer service number and reading this forum, some info I have gotten from him has been incorrect - which seems odd since he has been selling Meg's products for 30 years.

I still shop from him if I need a sheet of Unigrit wet sanding paper or maybe a gallon APC. While his list price is higher than many online places, when you figure in shipping, he is about the same as far as I can tell.

However, you are correct, his favorite products are definitely Medallion Paint Cleaner and M20. Oh well. Since I generally only go there to pick something up and not for advice, it really doesn't matter to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');