• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"...water magnet is just an ordinary towel." - Mirror Glaze store owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "...water magnet is just an ordinary towel." - Mirror Glaze store owner

Originally posted by Bert31 View Post
    I live in Louisville, KY also and I have been to this distributor several times. I like Paul (the owner), he is a good guy and goes out of his way for customers but I too have received incorrect information from him before also. I wouldn't say he is clueless about Meguiars products but from calling Meg's customer service number and reading this forum, some info I have gotten from him has been incorrect - which seems odd since he has been selling Meg's products for 30 years.

I still shop from him if I need a sheet of Unigrit wet sanding paper or maybe a gallon APC. While his list price is higher than many online places, when you figure in shipping, he is about the same as far as I can tell.

However, you are correct, his favorite products are definitely Medallion Paint Cleaner and M20. Oh well. Since I generally only go there to pick something up and not for advice, it really doesn't matter to me.
    Hey! Good to hear from someone who can personally relate!

Yeah if he has something like some APC that I can save money on by picking it up there I guess I will but he is not the best source for detailing advice as he sometimes comes across to be.

How much was that APC+? I might pick some up.

As for the Medallion PPP, like I said I did end up buying some from this guy but got home and read about it online and people say NXT2 is 100x better. I told the guy I used nxt2 but he swore this was better. I guess its all up to opinion.

BTW, I'm ordering 3 Water Magnets from Megs Direct! So, happy ending.
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Comment

Re: "...water magnet is just an ordinary towel." - Mirror Glaze store owner

Originally posted by Agent 99 View Post
      Hey! Good to hear from someone who can personally relate!

Yeah if he has something like some APC that I can save money on by picking it up there I guess I will but he is not the best source for detailing advice as he sometimes comes across to be.

How much was that APC+? I might pick some up.
      I bought the regular APC along with a sheet of 2000 and 3000 Unigrit. The sheets of Unigrit cost I think $1.25 a piece and if my memory serves correct the gallon of APC was a couple dollars higher than ordering online so sense I didn't have to pay shipping I felt I probably came out ahead.

As for the Medallion PPP, like I said I did end up buying some from this guy but got home and read about it online and people say NXT2 is 100x better. I told the guy I used nxt2 but he swore this was better. I guess its all up to opinion. .
      Keep in mind, Medallion is a paint cleaner which you use to prep the paint for your sealant or wax. I don't know if Medallion will provide any protection for you. If you want to run up to Walmart, you can grab some NXT 2.0 and put that on top of Medallion for a very nice combo.

BTW, I'm ordering 3 Water Magnets from Megs Direct! So, happy ending.
      I have never used Water Magnets, they sound pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');