• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have got some serious dirt(HELP!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i have got some serious dirt(HELP!)

Thanks Mike. I found the locate a dealer on the site yesterday(no jive, i swear!). Perhaps i should have in formed everybody with a new post...
    I think I'll save the engine detail for another time. I bought some NXT 2.0 with free supreme shine, along with retailed QID.
    Last edited by dope92cc; Apr 15, 2009, 06:44 PM.
    Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
    baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

post some after shots of the engine when your done.

Comment

Originally posted by H.E.D View Post
        post some after shots of the engine when your done.
        Will do.

Comment

Looks like Super Degreser is needed.....

Here's a couple of mine.....

'05 Neon - Engine Detail

2000 Dodge 2500: LOTS of pictures! - Although no befores on the engine, it was nasty, liberal amounts of super degreaser, let it soak a moment and scrub where I could and rinsed off. I did this at a coin op and be careful where you spray water. I topped off with Engine Kote (an older discontinued Detailer Line product). It's a diesel and was nasty! - This was the full detail, the engine pictures are after as I said and scroll down. The owner was happy as a clam

Just be careful with electronics and don't hose off a non running HOT engine, bad things could happen.

Can't wait for pictures!

Keep us posted.
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I love engine details! I like pictures. Post, Post, Post, Post...

Colin
            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Look;s like your working on a chev caprice. 91 or 92 ?

Comment

it's a 92. That's where my user name comes from. dope 92 caprice classic. Though it doesn't really qualify as 'dope' yet, just 'quite nice'. Im sure it will once I paint it.

I hate to delay my engine detail, but I'm probably going to post a thread of my mom's X5 spring detail... it really needs it. that will probably keep me occupied all weekend.

Comment

It'll still be dirty when you get done with that :p

Comment

oh well. i'll try to keep my hood shut until then.
                    Today I got a mothers clay kit for about $13 and yadda-cubed. About half of the X5 has its first coat of NXT 2.0 .

Comment

get a wheel brush for clean the tight places where you cant access with your hand. its a great help.

Comment

You can't put off the engine detail. Not after you teased us with the before pics. lol.

Good luck detailing your mom's car.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I finally worked up the courage to clean the bay... It's extremely dirty! I don't think it's EVER been cleaned. I'm going to do another session soon.
                          I will be trying a different kind of gunk degreasesed. I used foamy.

what would you peoples suggest for seriously baked on dirt on the engine components?

Also whould a water based tyre dressing work fine in the bay? Like black magic matte tire dressing.

Comment

It looks like you did a fine job on your first time around. I've never really cared for the engine degreasers out there. I've always gone with the purple stuff - use to be Castrol Super Degreaser. I think it is just Super Degreaser now. Awesome stuff and super strong to cut throught the toughest of jobs. Waterbased dressings should be ok. I would avoid getting it on the serpentine belt, though.

I've taken the liberty to enlarge the pictures so everyone else can enjoy them.

Before

After

Colin
                            A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

thanks for enlarging the pics

This is embarassing, but that first pic is actually an after shot. I was showing the rediculously caked on dirt on the head covers and the A/C compressor. I'm going to do another another session with some heavy huty degreaser gel I just picked up.

Comment

I made a bad mistake. I tried to be more thorough this time and I scrubbed some of the frame with a nylon bristled brush and it actually took the original coating off. so now i've got some bare metal i have to take care of.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');