• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White spots after M21 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White spots after M21 2.0

Just helped to wash and wax my brother's car (Toyota Vios - black). It was an express job (he just wanted a 30min work) so washed it with Hyperwash. No clay or polishing. Straight to LSP (M21 2.0) . Hand applied using the yellow app. pad.

Car looked great (minor smearing - my M21 2.0 had water traces when you apply it (even via DA).

Then, 10minutes after removing the sealant (single coat), it rained.

This is what I got on the drivers door (rest was fine)

The driver's door is OEM paint. Never been polished nor clayed (at least to my knowledge) and I doubt there's any traces of protection on the paint (before I applied M21 2.0).

I have never encountered this problem before.

Tried using a QD to wipe it off, it didnt budge. Will be polishing later when the rain stops.

But, anyone experienced this before? What would cause this to happen?

TIA
    Learning new things everyday

Re: White spots after M21 2.0

That is WILD. Never seen anything like that.

So it is in one isolated spot?

Comment

Yup. Only at the driver's door. Rest was ok.

I actually was standing in the rain to see how M21 2.0 would work on freshly sealed paint (w/o clay and polish) and saw as rain drops became whitish on that particular spot. I'm really puzzled on this bizarre thing and my brother was not really happy I messed his car up

Comment

That is REALLY odd.

That isn't by chance where someone might be resting their arm out the window when they drive around, is it?

Comment

LOL my brother is too old to be some boy racer sticking his hand out the window. LOL picturing him in my mind now.

Anyhow, not sure on that. But I did check before applying the sealant, the car did not have any of those white spots. All was fine. Only swirls that might make a car crazed person, umm go crazy.

Its still raining here so cant do any polishing.

BTW, when I wiped off the sealant, the entire car looked good. No spotting at all (only minor smear - #135 took cared of it).

This is truly a first for me.

Comment

Weird!!
            Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Could that be the start of CC failure? Just a thought.

Comment

If this only happened on one panel then this is an indicator that this panel may have been repainted.

The defect is either topical, (on the surface), or throughout the clear layer of paint.

If it's topical then you should be able to remove the whitish spots by simply applying any kind of compound, paint cleaner or cleaner/polish and abrade the surface a little and see if it changes to a uniform black finish.

If it doesn't then this would be an indicator that the problem is not on the surface but throughout the clear layer.

You're not pulling color on your applicator pad are you?

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply. I really hope it can be fixed. Couldn't get any sleep here, been thinking on what caused it. Weather looks good this morning so I will try to do some spot correction once my brother drops by my house.

BTW, I measured the film build and its consistent with the rest of the panels so I pretty sure its not repainted.

I'll keep you guys update. Wish me luck

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');