• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Inkjet ink from leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Inkjet ink from leather

Hello!

Well, I picked up my buddy from school today, and he decided to put a paper (typed with a lexmark deskjet printer) onto my light leather of a 2007 Acura TSX face down. As a result, I have some black ink on the leather. I have some green Meguiars APC 10:1 diluted ratio. Will that remove this, or do I need something stronger? Does anyone have any suggestions before I attempt to remove this?

Also, I believe that my leather is semi analine in the middle (perforated holes section), and then vinyl on the rest.

Thanks!

Jeff

Re: Removing Inkjet ink from leather

try using the APC at 10:1 with a microfiber and see how that works. You could also try Meguiars Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner.

For Vinyl, use APC or M39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner and then dress with M40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner.

Just do not use products intended for vinyl on leather surfaces.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Re: Removing Inkjet ink from leather

Most (if not all) inkjet ink is water based so it shouldn't be overly difficult to remove.

I'd suggest trying a damp (water) towel first and see what happens (very low risk of damaging the leather)

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');