• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shop vac attachment ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shop vac attachment ???

I have 6.5 hp shop vac. I would like to use it as a water extractor. The attachments that came with mine aren't very well suited for extracting water from carpet or upholstery. Could someone post a link or picture of an attachment that would be best suited for extracting water from carpet and upholstery.

Thanks
    "What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."
    Transporter 2

Re: shop vac attachment ???

DUDE!!! I was wondering the same thing. I looked at a few websites to see if you could just buy the attachment from Rug Doctor, or a vendor like that. I don't think they like selling it to outside of vendors. The power at which my shopvac has for suction is very much superior than my bissel carpet cleaner i'm using with the apholstery attachment. Hmmmm...that just made me wonder if I can somehow use that and retro-fit it to my shopvac...????
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

The only thing that I have seen locally is the attachment that looks like a claw. The same kind the coin operated vacs use a my local car wash. What would be great is a clear attachment, so you could see how dirty the water is when being extracted. Also a thin opening an the attachment to concentrate the area being extracted.
      "What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."
      Transporter 2

Comment

the thin opening is a great aid in the water extraction process. I don't know that the claw would help too much in drawing up the water from the carpets though, wouldn't hurt to give it a try.
        Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');