• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Generals B17 Bomber, "FUDDY DUDDY" polished perfect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Generals B17 Bomber, "FUDDY DUDDY" polished perfect!

When I got the call from Joe to help out on this Joe I almost cried.
    I have a personal interest in this plane and General William Lyon.
    He is one of the greatest Americans I've had the pleasure of knowing.
    I would have done this job for free because of Mr. Lyon & Mr. Fernandez.
    I enjoyed every pain!

This plane is dedicated to all the young men who died and flew these planes, we salute you!

Here's my pics

First day

I found the "easiest" job, JK, none of this was easy!

Final polishing instructions

Last day, almost finished

I made this section shine! Although having that gun pointed at my head was disturbing!

Don't forget, someone has to wash the towels!

Here's the pad washing station

Lot's of wool left over, anyone want to make a sweater?

Here's the inside. Who butt is that?

Bombardiers section in the nose

To bad the guns were fakes! I wanted to fly to Camp Pendleton and fire off a few thousands of rounds

Again THANKS JOE for including me!!!

Comment

Mario, Thanks for you hard work, washing of the rags and for the additional pics!

I enjoyed seeing the same story through other eyes.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by reparebrise View Post
        In short, It took 12 polishers, 1 pad washer(that's all he had time to do) 2 supervisors, 86 pounds of polish, 180 wool pads,6 cases of energy drinks, a combination of Dewalt, and Chinese buffers(the light ones are great for under the wings) and 5 days to bring it back to better than it's original shine. Pads were made for us by Lake country, some of the polish was Rolite, the rest was custom made for us.
        If any of you are wondering who the heck this guy is, dont feel bad I am wondering that also!!
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Actually he is Yvan, he and his wife Sylvie not only were an essential part of the B17 team, they also were part of the B25 project as well.

Comment

Way to go, Mario. The Norton Bombsight is a classified secret! You just lost your security clearance!

Comment

I love seeing details of this magnitude. Joe and the guys definitely earn my respect for not only the superb job but for their part in helping preserve history.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                Mario, Thanks for you hard work, washing of the rags and for the additional pics!

I enjoyed seeing the same story through other eyes.
                Oh thank god!
                I didn't want you to think I was hijacking your thread
                I just had to share these pics and my personal experience with you and the Fudd

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post

Way to go, Mario. The Norton Bombsight is a classified secret! You just lost your security clearance!

I hate it when I do that
                Last edited by Andy M.; Apr 16, 2009, 05:07 AM. Reason: removed implied inappropriate language

Comment

Here it is, couldn't find this pic. It was on my phone.It was so unnerving looking out the corner of your eye and seeing this!Then I just thought Joe gave me this section to keep me in line!

Comment

Mario

Great Pics, but the close up of my face may cause some screens to shut down. You did get a rare pic, one of me working, I spent the week making sure Joe was occupied and not worrying, and making sure everyone was moving slowly enough (the slower you move the faster you work)

Your cleaning of the towels was greatly appreciated, and it would have been nice to know you would have done it for free before Joe paid you(lol).
                    Yvan Lacroix
                    repare-brise.net

Comment

outstanding work to put it lightly!
                      2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by reparebrise View Post
                        Mario

Great Pics, but the close up of my face may cause some screens to shut down. You did get a rare pic, one of me working, I spent the week making sure Joe was occupied and not worrying, and making sure everyone was moving slowly enough (the slower you move the faster you work)

Your cleaning of the towels was greatly appreciated, and it would have been nice to know you would have done it for free before Joe paid you(lol).

Well I would have done it for free!
                        But I need the money!

Oh I forgot to give you credit for taking most the pics, without you I would have only been in one, Thanks Yvan!

Also I learned allot from you.
                        1. Don't work on planes.
                        2. Hire people who know about planes! lOl!

But honestly, you and your wife were awesome!
                        Thanks for a great time and not being a winner "boss".
                        It was a pleasure to meet and work with you guys!

Oh yea, were is the pic of the crew?????????

Comment

So what's the next project? A Boeing 747? B52 Stratofortress? The Spruce Goose?

Comment

Looks awesome. I bet you went through A LOT of towels wiping off the residue.

Great job to all that were involved.
                            2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                            2005 Honda CRF250R
                            2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Fantastic job, looks like a mirror now.
                              Dilution Chart

Comment

This is awesome! Fantastic work, i was recently @ a flight museum and im thinking they may need to hire you! Congrats!
                                "Every moment frontin and maxin
                                Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');