• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Generals B17 Bomber, "FUDDY DUDDY" polished perfect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Generals B17 Bomber, "FUDDY DUDDY" polished perfect!

Amazing job guys!! I would love to have the opportunity to work on something like this!! It looks spectacular, and Mario I love those interior shots! Well done guys

Comment

Great job as always Joe + crew. That was alot of surface to cover and I can only imagine the rivets made it a bit tougher (??).

Good shots Mario on getting some of the behind seens on how the pads were cleaned. Nice to see that angle as well.

The interior gives me a eerie feeling. I can't imagine being confined in there while being shot at. These are true heroes!
      Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
      www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
      Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
        Great job as always Joe + crew. That was alot of surface to cover and I can only imagine the rivets made it a bit tougher (??).

Good shots Mario on getting some of the behind seens on how the pads were cleaned. Nice to see that angle as well.
        Thanks! I like to get all the shoots, you never know which ones people will like. Plus this guy is a Vet and worked as hard or harder then we did. He needed to be seen also, without him we wouldn't have clean pads.

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
        The interior gives me a eerie feeling. I can't imagine being confined in there while being shot at. These are true heroes!
        I talking to the Chief Mech he said when they flew to DC last year "It was neat for the 20 mins! There's holes every were, letting in light, it's not a pressurized cabin so you really cold or hot. Kinda miserable and scary!"
        Now imagine flying into war with this plane! Freaking really scary!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
          This is awesome! Fantastic work, i was recently @ a flight museum and im thinking they may need to hire you! Congrats!
          Seattle Museum of Flight?

Been there done that!! Special Air Mission 970 "Air Force One"

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Wow how did I miss this thread. AWESOME job guys, Joe congrads on a fruitfull business, I really like your signatures here and on other sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
              I talking to the Chief Mech he said when they flew to DC last year "It was neat for the 20 mins! There's holes every were, letting in light, it's not a pressurized cabin so you really cold or hot. Kinda miserable and scary!"
              Now imagine flying into war with this plane! Freaking really scary!
              No doubt. I got that feeling just watching "Memphis Belle".

Comment

Those were sure some brave fellas!
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                  We were recently contracted to polish a WW2 B17 Flying Fortress.

We were exhilarated and honored to have been trusted with a fabulous artifact of American history.

This job was HUGE. It has to have been the largest and most difficult job Superior Shine have ever undertaken.

We found the aircraft to have a satin sheen to it.

Our job was to restore the aluminum to a brilliant shine worthy of this American Hero.

I love old planes!

Comment

DAY ONE ........

We started with the underside to escape working in direct sun light. The first day was forecast to be the warmest. The weather was pleasant but did warm up a bit.

Ever wonder how fun it would be to buff over your head?

Wow!
                    Even better the second time.

Comment

DAY TWO ..........

We still had lots of work to complete on underside. We started moving teams out on to the fuselage and wings.

That is sweet!

Good thing I reposted all the pictures or somone might have missed them.

Get the point yet Joe? Should I continue?

Comment

Great job as always. I would love to live close to you to volunteer to work with you to learn the art of detailing.

Thanks, stinger66 Indiana

Comment

Originally posted by foilr View Post
                          That is sweet!

Good thing I reposted all the pictures or somone might have missed them.

Get the point yet Joe? Should I continue?
                          nooooo, seeing our work over and over a gain is torture.

Comment

GREAT JOB Dude... Totally AWESOME

4thumbs for your team.

Btw, what brand of Backing plate do u use? I saw on u'r photo's that u'r team using some kind rubber Backing plate that was elastic.

Please share it. Thanks a lot

Comment

Thank you for the compliment.

I own about 20-25 buffers so..... We used backing plates from Meguiars, 3M, lake country and some cheapy ones from harbor freight.

Comment

Originally posted by foilr View Post

Should I continue?
                                Not on this forum.

Here are the forum rules, please take a moment to read them before further posting.

Forum Rules

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');