• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you guys critique these two combos??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you guys critique these two combos??

Hi All:
    Can I have some opinions on these two combos?? Are any steps left out in either combo? Are there any steps that are kind of redundant? Car is a red show car that is driven very infrequently and always gargaed. Car has an excellent finish except for some minor swirls/spider webbing. Can you guys tell which combo you think would give better results (i.e. - a perfect finish)?? Durability is not an issue here since this is not a daily driver. All products applied with PC.

If you were to pick one combo, which would you go with for the absolute best finish??

#80 + #81 + NXT
    #83 + #82 + #81+ NXT

Thanks very much!!!

Hey,

Either combo will work fantastic!! It all depends on the aggressiveness needed to remove the marring. Therefore, start off with the #80 and see if that removes the marring. If not, move on to the #83 and work your way back down.

Cheers!
    Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks Tim
      So the application of #81 in either combo is not a wasted step in your opinion??

Comment

Hey,

I always use #81 regardless of color or application. To me, the #81 just adds more gloss and depth, even to lighter colors. Also remember to apply two coats of NXT with ~ 12 hours between coats.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

It all depends on the level of swirls you have and the level of achievement you want to get. Try to use the Meguiar's motto of "Use the least aggressive product to get the job done." So, start with #80 and if it's not removed, then go up to #83.

I would highly suggest doing the #83, #82, #81, then NXT x2.. That's what I do most of the time and it just gives amazing results.. Although it's very time consuming because of the multiple steps.. If you're on a time budget, I would highly suggest going with #83, #80 then go straight to NXT x2... #80 after #83 would remove the very fine scratches or marring caused by the #83 and at the same time, it could also act as a polish because it's rich in polishing oils.. (Probably not as rich as pure polishes though).

Since you're going to a car show, I think you would be better of using #81 regardless of what. Good luck and post pics when you're done!
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');