• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C5 Vette - 1st DA Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: C5 Vette - 1st DA Use

Anybody could spot it from quite a distance in the sunlight. The detailer I brought it too sure did. And then he proceeded to lecture me for 20min on how to properly take care of a car and why it's in the condition it is. Being able to spot it and being able to fix it are two entirely different things, unfortunately.

The problem is, I'm not worried about someone ruining the work I have already done...but trying to get the hood/front bumper actually completed. I couldn't do that section because my DA failed, so now it stands out BIGTIME.
    99' FRC Corvette
    08' Sky RedLine

Comment

Took it to another detailer today to see if he could just get the hood/front bumper done for me before the 27th since my DA is still out of commission and haven't had a chance to send it back yet.

He was amazed by my work and that this was the first car I've detailed (besides just applying basic wax). He saw the difference between the panels I did and the hood and was just dumbfounded on how big of a difference it was.

It was a pretty good pick-me-up and made me a feel a bit better.
      99' FRC Corvette
      08' Sky RedLine

Comment

Boy, this thread has legs. Nice to see a new member actually stick a thread out until the end. All too often someone just gets a *little* advice, and then they disappear without the rest of us ever knowing how things turned out. Good luck with the car Demon
        -Will-

CDO ATW

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonsfavson View Post
          Boy, this thread has legs. Nice to see a new member actually stick a thread out until the end. All too often someone just gets a *little* advice, and then they disappear without the rest of us ever knowing how things turned out. Good luck with the car Demon
          We agree.

You comment is very accurate in that often times people join, ask a few questions, get their answers and we never see or hear from them again. That's okay that's how this forum operates, but it is nice to see a member follow-up with their success and even lack of success.

We haven't given up hope yet and will continue to monitor this thread and help where we can.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm just a bit stubborn and don't quit easily.
            99' FRC Corvette
            08' Sky RedLine

Comment

Brought it back from the detailer today. Everything I told him I wanted done the first time, and then brought it back because he said he would do it the second time...is all still there. He hasn't touched a dang thing.

1. Swirls/spiderwebbing completely covering front bumper/hood
              2. Weather stripping still knocked loose
              3. Underside lower part of hood still not even touched/filthy
              4. Waterspots under hood
              5. Wax buildup still under seals/stripping

As of right now, I'm out of time. Big car show we have spent months prepping for is next Saturday. I just hope to god that the swirls that blanket the hood dont show up in the cloudless bright sunshine we are suppose to be getting next weekend.

I'm at a loss for words here, no idea what to do about this next. I know I'm out $300 bucks though for a fancy waxjob.

Too nervous to try anyone else at this point.
              99' FRC Corvette
              08' Sky RedLine

Comment

You took it back to the same crappy detailer??? Sorry but after he didn't do **** the first time for you I wouldn't have brought it back for him to do nothing again...

Comment

Originally posted by fzr confused View Post
                  You took it back to the same crappy detailer??? Sorry but after he didn't do **** the first time for you I wouldn't have brought it back for him to do nothing again...
                  As I said previously in this thread, I brought it to a 2nd detailer already. The first detailer wanted to give it another shot, he told me could get it done. The 2nd detailer requested that I give the other guy a second chance as well, since I had money invested in him already and it's good business practice. He said if it happens again, come to him and he will get it done.

I have $300 spent on this guy already, so I decided to give him another chance to get it done before confronting him about getting some of that money back so I can take it to the next guy. Well, time to collect. I don't mind giving a guy a 2nd chance...but that's where it ends.

Probably going to have the 2nd detailer cut/buff the hood/front bumper at this point and call it quits. I'll just save my pennies and get the entire car repainted next spring. Nobody seems to know or be able to recommend a competent detailer around here that can actually get work done.
                  99' FRC Corvette
                  08' Sky RedLine

Comment

Here is the car at the auto show my car club organized. I didn't get a chance to take it during the day when the sun was out since I was busy hosting the event, but needless to say it was quite depressing.

So here's a photo of the car in the shade as the sun was going down. I'm going to wrap this thread up at this point as I am going no further with this project. Going to have to find a way live with the paint as bad as it is until I get the car repainted. I don't think it can be done otherwise unless someone knows a detailer around me that can work miracles. Nobody around here seems competent enough to do it.

Just want to thank everyone once again for the support. See you on the forums.

99' FRC Corvette
                    08' Sky RedLine

Comment

Hi there well that was an interesting thread ! Sorry to hear you're left with that kind of frustration, and I dearly hope the time you'll spend NOT detailing your cool car will let you recharge your batteries, and that you'll come back in a few months, fully loaded, and ready to make things happen with your car !
                      Kinda happy to have a rather recent Skoda Octavia, its paint is supposed to be a little more workable. But god would I love to own a car like yours !

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');