• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigging truck for detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rigging truck for detailing

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
    have you beefed up the truck for all of this also?? I don't know if I read something about replacing leaf springs or getting a better load rated tire for the truck. I would assume you just now have a standard Pmetric tire on it, are you going to step it up to C or D rated tire??

I really don't think thats necessary at this point. He's not hauling that much weight around, well at least not more than a Chevy 1/2 ton can hold You must be a F*rd guy? I could see your reasoning if so
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

LOL, not a Ford guy. Just figured that the water tank would be a decent amount of weight full. I worked in the tire retail business for a little over a year, and just have seen too many cases where the wrong tire was on a truck, and the littlest bit of lower tire pressure under added stress puts alot of strain on tires.
      Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
        not more than a Chevy 1/2 ton can hold You must be a F*rd guy?
        "Nick Chapman throws a left hook and rocks his opponent! That came out of nowhere folks. This could be the end for this lightweight! Wait, Ford's back on his feet, but he's clearly dazed. For heaven's sake I hope the ref stops this massacre before Ford really gets hurt!

I'm from Lou., Ky (Ford country) and my family had all Fords, even tractors. Me too until Ford came out with that ugly '96 model. I was looking for a new truck and could not go with that design so I switched over to a new Silverado 4x4 and became the black sheep of the family!

I just replaced the tires last year (3,000 miles). The original tires were on there 'till then and they were heavy rated and made a terrible racket on the highway. Truck only has a little over 43,000. I'd like to get a 3/4 ton diesel to pull my race car when it's finished, but I couldn't get $6K for this one in today's market. Just have to drive it until I croak!
        Last edited by 10degreesbtdc; Apr 23, 2009, 11:58 AM. Reason: deletion

Comment

I have nothing against Fords. I'm actully a Ford owner myself(1994 Lightning). Just always like to stir the pot on the Ford vs Chevy thing

Comment

I have nothing against Fords. I'm actully a Ford owner myself(1994 Lightning). Just always like to stir the pot on the Ford vs Chevy thing
            I'm always up for the rivalry too. Especially now since I'm building a 600hp small block Chevy powered drag car. I understand yours is 500+hp? Wanna race?

When will you post some photos of the truck and engine you're building? I heard from an inside source that it's really sharp.

Comment

Nick is just an amazing person, i'm trying to figure out how he is spreading himself out so thin and not tearing....family, day job, detailing, building race trucks(lol), working on his house...what multivitamin is he taking???
              Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
                I'm always up for the rivalry too. Especially now since I'm building a 600hp small block Chevy powered drag car. I understand yours is 500+hp? Wanna race?

When will you post some photos of the truck and engine you're building? I heard from an inside source that it's really sharp.
                Oh, it's on now!

Lets see, you're in Tampa and I'm in Dallas. A good middle of the road would be Mississippi somewhere? Get your grocery getter ready, and meet me out there. 1 race, all you got! Run what you brung!

What do you say?

Ninja Edit: For those in Mississippi, I will be traveling through your area here real soon. Anyone needing their vehicle detailed, please let me know

Comment

Oh, it's on now!

Lets see, you're in Tampa and I'm in Dallas. A good middle of the road would be Mississippi somewhere? Get your grocery getter ready, and meet me out there. 1 race, all you got! Run what you brung!

What do you say?

Ninja Edit: For those in Mississippi, I will be traveling through your area here real soon. Anyone needing their vehicle detailed, please let me know
                  Here's what you'll be seeing all the way down the track...My rear end!

Comment

Oh man I might drive on up with you guys to see this!

Dont count Nick out just yet though Ive seen what he will have under there and that thing is gonna have some go to it

Now if he can just get it in the car

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                      Oh man I might drive on up with you guys to see this!

Dont count Nick out just yet though Ive seen what he will have under there and that thing is gonna have some go to it

Now if he can just get it in the car
                      Yeah, that's my situation. It will be several months before I'm ready. Engine is hanging on a hoist right now wrapped and covered up. Parts all over the place including in the Florida room, closets and garage. Not to mention I'll have to seriously detail mine just to be worthy of being seen with his as I'm sure it will be impeccable. Sure would be fun to meet and put the pedal to the metal. Are we racing for pinks, Nick?

I think I'll get better traction being a 4-link car and trucks are light in the rear end, but you never know!

Comment

Yeah, that's my situation. It will be several months before I'm ready. Engine is hanging on a hoist right now wrapped and covered up. Parts all over the place including in the Florida room, closets and garage. Not to mention I'll have to seriously detail mine just to be worthy of being seen with his as I'm sure it will be impeccable. Sure would be fun to meet and put the pedal to the metal. Are we racing for pinks, Nick?

I think I'll get better traction being a 4-link car and trucks are light in the rear end, but you never know!

You've set up a race, I'm not saying a word about my ride

Comment

You've set up a race, I'm not saying a word about my ride
                          O...k...

Well, here's what has been keeping me busy for the last two days. The compound angles were a real pain. Working by myself, trying to hold a square, take measurements, angles, climbing in and out of the truck, over and over and over...

Yes Nick, those ARE 32x17.5x15LT Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag slicks on top of my car.

Next, the generator hold downs. Stay tuned!

Comment

Yes Nick, those ARE 32x17.5x15LT Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag slicks on top of my car.

Wow! Good job stacking all that stuff on top of your nice paint!

-30 on the brownie point scale

Comment

Wow! Good job stacking all that stuff on top of your nice paint!

-30 on the brownie point scale
                              Good one! Trust me, the paint on the top is NOT nice. Someone did some lousy bodywork and painted over it with $500 a gallon paint! I probably won't fix it. I'll be going so fast, no one will see it anyway. And if I did fix it, where would I keep all that stuff? I'm looking at shed kits right now, as a matter of fact. I just don't have room for all my toys.

Comment

Good one! Trust me, the paint on the top is NOT nice. Someone did some lousy bodywork and painted over it with $500 a gallon paint! I probably won't fix it. I'll be going so fast, no one will see it anyway. And if I did fix it, where would I keep all that stuff? I'm looking at shed kits right now, as a matter of fact. I just don't have room for all my toys.
                                Pack up what you don't need, and ship it this way!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');