• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#40 turning white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #40 turning white?

I've read the reviews of #40 and couldn't agree more.....except after a good rain the extior parts that I use #40 on (door handles, fender flares) dull up to almost a white. I've used cold class and natural shine but I keep coming back to # 40 because it doesn't have to much shine and it isn't greasy to the touch. I've also tryed trim black or what ever it's proper name is but again I feel it's to greasy. any one else run into this? has any one tried nxt protectent? thanks
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Try meguiars # 38 tire and trim.

Eric
    Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

thanks guys, the piece where new as it is on a 2003 vehicle. is #38 allot like the tire gel in the cold class line? I love the #40 because once it drys it doesn't have that greasy feel and I hate that on door handles because you track the grease on every thing you touch after that. I'm content redoing #40 as often as needed if I cann't find an equal replacment. please let me know your details of what #38 really compares to. thanks!!!
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

I've noticed my 'trim' getting white, I just put it down to age LOL
        ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

I just looked for # 38 in the pro line and consumer line with no luck. Am I lokking in the wrong spot? the endrunce gel didn't take it's place, did it?
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
            I just looked for # 38 in the pro line and consumer line with no luck. Am I lokking in the wrong spot? the endrunce gel didn't take it's place, did it?
            Hi 2000,

No, #M-3832 Tire and Trim Dressing Gel is still available. It's under Maintenance products in the Professional catalog If you don't see it in your catalog, it could be you have an older catalog.

Call our Customer Care Hotline and ask for a new one,

1-800-347-5700

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

hi Mike,
              just called that number and was told it's discontinued. I went over the whole thing about the cold class and natural shine being alittle to greasy for door handles and he said to use nxt because it, as #40 isn't greasy. Now I know every one with have a different idea of what greasy is to them, so if possible I'd like your input on nxt protectant on the "greasy" scale. again this is mainly for my door handles and fender flares, as I'm staying with #40 for the inside. also, how would you rate the shine compared to #40?
              Thanks for your time!
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

Maybe W Dressing would be the answer? It is water based so it just rinces away when it rains.
                Later,
                Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
                  hi Mike,
                  just called that number and was told it's discontinued. I went over the whole thing about the cold class and natural shine being alittle to greasy for door handles and he said to use nxt because it, as #40 isn't greasy. Now I know every one with have a different idea of what greasy is to them, so if possible I'd like your input on nxt protectant on the "greasy" scale. again this is mainly for my door handles and fender flares, as I'm staying with #40 for the inside. also, how would you rate the shine compared to #40?
                  Thanks for your time!
                  I'll check into this tomorrow. I was just in the warehouse the other day ago and picked up two quarts of #38.

As far as the NXT Tech Protectant goes, it is not greasy at all. In fact, that's one of the nice things I like about it is it doesn't leave a greasey or sick finsih.

For door handles, I like either the Gold Class Trim Dressing, or the #38 Tire and Trim Dressing.

I'll check into and post back here tomorrow.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

hey Mike,
                    just wondering if you had any luck? I've tried the cold class trim dressing but found that it left an oily residue down the body panel after a rain, other wise I liked it, could I be appling this product wrong? I hate to get hooked on #38 if it really is discontinued.
                    thanks again.
                    2019 GMC Sierra
                    1500 AT4

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');