• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics in threads/posts needing approval??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics in threads/posts needing approval??

Hey, just wondering why it takes sooooo long to have someone approve posts/threads with pics in them.

I posted my initial intro thread earlier this weekend with pics of my vehicles, and it took between 1 and 1.5 hrs for the thread to show up. Today i posted pics in the professional line area about a vehicle id like to use a certain product on, and the post hasnt shown up yet, this is 3.5 hrs later.

I guess i might be confused here, but ive never registered at a forum before and had to wait for someone to approve my threads/posts with pics in them. What is the reasoning for this? If its to help control obscene pictures from being posted on here I can understand, but i think its a little ridiculous to wait hours upon hours to have a perfectly legit thread/post with legit pictures approved. If there was any pictures like that posted and there wasnt an approval wait time, a mod is more than capable of removing them and punishing that member.

I think having to wait for our pics to show up, then showing up after the thread is 3 pages deep is rediculous.

Is there any way to make this work better/be more efficient rather than waiting a half day for a couple pictures?
    Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
    1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
    1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Re: Pics in threads/posts needing approval??

I'm not sure why your threads are having to be approved, I don't think they should have to be.

But there is one guy that can approve threads for this entire forum of 22,000 members. He also has a life off of the computer and forum with a wife and children. Give him some credit for doing such a great job.

Hopefully he will chime in as to why your threads need to be approved.

Ryan
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

there are no appointed mods, super mods or other admins. aside from one person only on a online community this big???????

i say that needs addressed too if thats the case lol
      Zach Hall

Comment

There are other moderators and admins, but as far as I know Mike Phillips is the one that approves threads.

This is one of the best run forums in all of the cyber community.

Ryan
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

ok, i agree it is run well...maybe im just impatient/not used to this and disgruntled lol
          Zach Hall

Comment

Yea, just be patient
            They'll chime in soon
            If not shoot them an email

Comment

ok...still no pics/post i made today at like 4pm LOL! Oh well we will get it figured out!
              Zach Hall

Comment

Hi Zach,

First there are no pending threads or replies in the Admin Panel waiting for approval. So I'm not sure what the problem would be for anything you've posted.

We've had some software glitches with vBulletin lately and there's a thread about that below but we're actively looking into it.

Again, at this time, there are no pending new threads or new replies waiting to be approved that I can see in the Admin Panel. Perhaps try a test post and try to add a picture to this thread or start a new thread and then see what happens.

Would also like to point out that any pictures you want to share in a thread have to be already hosed on the Internet somewhere, either here on our forum in your gallery or a place like PhotoBucket. We don't allow people to "Attach" a photo to there message.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

As far as the time it takes to have a "Moderated" thread approved. We have software in place that looks at the content of any brand new member's posts and looks for key words like Nokia Phones For Sale and/or the [IMG] tags for pictures.

If a brand new forum member posts a new message or replies to an existing thread and has any key words in our Spam Software or pictures in their message then the thread or reply is automatically placed into the Moderation Queue. I monitor this and check for and approve moderated messages first thing every morning and on-the-fly throughout the day Monday through Sunday and this includes into the evening.

The reason for this automatic moderating feature is to protect our forum from Spam and inappropriate content. The software is configured to monitor ONLY New Members of which you're not, so our Moderating Software would not have effected any of your posts anyways.

Thank you for your patience in waiting for a reply to this thread, we do monitor the forum 7 days a week but we don't actively sit down and work on the forum on weekends we don't have a Saturday class.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

yup, all my pics are from Photobucket.....ill try one now and see what happens

will this work?
                    Zach Hall

Comment

hmmm that worked....wonder why others said waiting for approval from moderator LOL!
                      Zach Hall

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
                        yup, all my pics are from Photobucket.....ill try one now and see what happens

will this work?

Looks like it's working now.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
                          hmmm that worked....wonder why others said waiting for approval from moderator LOL!
                          Not sure but it could be related to some kind of software glitch were experiencing as noted here,

Our Webmaster is looking into it right now so hopefully any problems will be corrected today.

So post away and lets see you're pictures!

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

idk either Mike, thanks regardless...hopefully itll keep working for me.

heres one more try at it with multiple pics, since initial 2 times in original post here involved multiple pics.

Zach Hall

Comment

that works too....heck IDK!!!!!!!!!
                              Zach Hall

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');