• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My car has dealer paint protection/sealant. Does this mean I can't wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car has dealer paint protection/sealant. Does this mean I can't wax?

So my car has dealer paint protection. Paint Sealant Treatment.
    "The Wynn’s Paint Sealant forms a protective barrier against oxidation and pollutants. The polymer sealant coats the total exterior of the vehicle’s surface, locking in the shine, lustre and colour and maintaining showroom condition. Simply wash, rinse and chamois your vehicle to produce that brilliant shine."

Looking at my washing instructions which they gave me, i just read
    "DO NOT use a car shampoo that contains wax. Such polishes will only dull your Wynn's finish and most certainly if used, will void warranty.

What? Does this mean I should never wax my car?

Re: My car has dealer paint protection/sealant. Does this mean I can't wax?

i'm interested in hearing what others have to say about this. They tried to sell me this service with our new car we bought, 09 Ford Fusion Sport Blue.
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Usually it means you can wash the car. However they do not want you to wax it. Instead they usually require you to back to the dealership every few months to get a booster treatment. Which is usually the dealerships version of a detail. This is usually under $50.00. At least in my neck of the woods.

Basically it is there way of having you as a customer for life, IMHO.

So just use a regular car wash soap and you should be okay. But waxing like they mentioned will probably void the warranty.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I got the full kit - Paint, fabric, leather, vinyl protection.
        It was only because I knew the people and got like a 50% + discount, and thought it would be a good selling point if i was to sell my car because it comes with 5 year warranty.

Comment

I'm going to use the NXT Generation Car Wash ... Can you think of anything else I could use to add extra shine or spark to my car?

Comment

Fryzie, check out this thread: Questions about so-called paint protection plans/products.

Read through the information they provided about the dealer protection. What exactly do they promise? What exactly do they guarantee? What voids the warranty? What do they want you to do to maintain the dealer protection?
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Interesting reading, my misses bough an 08 Rolla (Corrola) and she knew the ppl and they gave her coke size bottle that contained a protectant that she could apply manually.. i choose not to use it...

Comment

Well I would use Gold Class
                T
                hat's kinda stinks, did you want that?
                If it was my car I'd get that crud off my car and detail it myself, but that's me.

Comment

Yeah no offense, but that is not something that I would ever want. I would get it off and start doing things myself. You are never going to get a good shine from just washing your car.
                  It's just not the same.
                  White 1967 Pontiac GTO
                  Black 2009 GMC Sierra SLT

Comment

I have never been an advocate of paint sealants,if you maintain your vehicle regularly you do not need to throw away hundreds of hard earned dollars,for those who buy the sales pitch it creates issues for the detailer because the owner believes they do not need to do anything to the vehicle and should the detailer fail to solve thier problem the sealant company makes them jump through hoops playing the odds that they will give up.NOT WORTH IT!!
                    roger

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');