• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Flex polisher is here, My new Flex polisher is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Flex polisher is here, My new Flex polisher is here!

Arrived from ADS, nicely packed with a gallon of M105 and free microfibers (thanks Rick!) Oiled it up (thanks Mr. C!) and tried it out on a section of my S10s quarter panel. NICE! M105 rocks on swirls and scuffs and leaves a fantastic shine on my aftermarket paint job (Chrysler Inferno Red Pearl Tri-coat w/clear for those of you keeping score). Followed up with M205 although it wasn't necessary. I just wanted to play with this tool.It's my birthday, I'll buff if I want to... No wait, it's not until September It just feels like it when new detailing stuff arrives!

I can't wait to use the Flex/M105 combo or Flex/D151 combo on a customer's car! It will have to wait, though. I'm still rigging up my truck.

Re: My new Flex polisher is here, My new Flex polisher is here!

I keep hearing great comments about the Flex...might have to look into saving up for this, only if business permits it though.
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
      Oiled it up (thanks Mr. C!)
      Nice move. My felt ring the other day just overheated and it started to tear!
      I'm getting my new felt ring under warranty, they treated me well

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
        Nice move. My felt ring the other day just overheated and it started to tear!
        I'm getting my new felt ring under warranty, they treated me well
        Well, I was so excited to get my new Flex I would have fired it up and used it without oiling if Nick Chapman had not warned me about it. I tried a thicker oil, but ended up using 3 in 1. Kept applying it around the ring, let it soak, apply, let it soak...It took a lot of oil! Once it wouldn't soak up any more I wiped it with a clean cloth so any excess would not sling out during use.

I also used liquid tape (black liquid rubber for electrical connections) to coat the housing so if I bump mirrors or door handles it won't scratch them. Another tip from Mr. C. I think he said he used velkro tape, the part that's soft and fuzzy, but he told me about a new spray rubber coating he was going to try. Since I already had the liquid tape and since I'm cheap I just brushed that on. Does not look as pretty as it could, but it will work.

The way I look at it, if it works for him I'm down with it!

Comment

i got my flex when they first hit the market...and all i can say is the things a beast...if you dont have one you should really think about adding it to your arsenal...
          RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

sorry to bring this up but would you mind sharing this oiling process? no idea what ring u're talking about. i got a 2nd hand flex from another MOL member and would like to know more on how to maintain this mean machine.

Comment

Check out this article by Mark Kleis: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=27
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Congrats on the flex. Enjoy it.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

ah got it. thanks so much guys. been enjoying it everytime i pull the trigger.

Comment

Another cool tool! Somewhere a post by Mr. Chapman suggested that a side handle made the Flex easier to "handle" and reduced fatigue. I think they used to come with this handle, but now come with the bail type as mine did. I took the handle for my DA, which I wasn't using anyway since I like holding the DA by the housing when applying or removing sealant/wax and put it on my Flex and it made a world of difference for me. I used it two days straight all day and I can't imagine how I would have done it holding it by the housing (bail handle). It seems that Mr. Chapman was right again! Imagine that?

I mentioned somewhere in a post (can't find it now) that I found a source for these handles, but after shipping it wasn't a luxury I wanted to afford.

Well, thanks to an anonymous donor's kindness, (no it wasn't Mr. Chapman or the reseller I found) I have one that used to come with the Flex. I really don't mean to gloat. I just love new tools/products! Can't wait to try this out.

(shown with new Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 foam 7" polishing pad - also VERY, VERY NICE!) )

Comment

Another cool tool! Somewhere a post by Mr. Chapman suggested that a side handle made the Flex easier to "handle" and reduced fatigue. I think they used to come with this handle, but now come with the bail type as mine did. I took the handle for my DA, which I wasn't using anyway since I like holding the DA by the housing when applying or removing sealant/wax and put it on my Flex and it made a world of difference for me. I used it two days straight all day and I can't imagine how I would have done it holding it by the housing (bail handle). It seems that Mr. Chapman was right again! Imagine that?

I mentioned somewhere in a post (can't find it now) that I found a source for these handles, but after shipping it wasn't a luxury I wanted to afford.

Well, thanks to an anonymous donor's kindness, (no it wasn't Mr. Chapman or the reseller I found) I have one that used to come with the Flex. I really don't mean to gloat. I just love new tools/products! Can't wait to try this out.

(shown with new Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 foam 7" polishing pad - also VERY, VERY NICE!) )

Thanks for the pics! Looks similar to the one that comes with the Flex 3403 rotary...

How much are they seperately?

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                        Thanks for the pics! Looks similar to the one that comes with the Flex 3403 rotary...

How much are they seperately?
                        I believe I was quoted $17.95 plus shipping. Not too bad, but I had to buy other things and elected not to purchase it. Stumbled upon one a few days later by shear luck. Unfortunately there are no more to be had for free so I didn't post where I got it.

Here's the contact info:
                        Powerhouse Distributing
                        888-809-4749-Phone
                        888-809-4748-Fax

So the side handles come with some Flex tools, but not the new DA Flex? That's weird.

Comment

M105 rocks on swirls and scuffs and leaves a fantastic shine on my aftermarket paint job (Chrysler Inferno Red Pearl Tri-coat w/clear for those of you keeping score).

Really would be nice to see some pics of this Chrysler Inferno Red Pearl Tri-coat...........

Comment

Originally posted by wyseilmykkar View Post
                            Really would be nice to see some pics of this Chrysler Inferno Red Pearl Tri-coat...........
                            Sorry, I missed your response to this thread. Here's few photos. I haven't wet sanded the entire vehicle because I'm in the middle of major modifications to go from street to race only use and it will get scratched & scuffed a lot more by the time it's finished.

Comment

Looking great, anytime you want to try a rotary let me know. I'm up the road from you off US19 in Palm Harbor...........Angelo

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');