• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (56k warning)

Is there anyone even on dial up anymore? I always wonder this anytime I see someone post a 56k warning.
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: (56k warning)

DUDE YOU ROCK!! i've wondered that for like a year now
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

i know people who are stilll
      Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
      1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
      1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
        i know people who are stilll
        Have you informed them of our current year? DSL packages are at a VERY low price now a days. Probably around what they are paying for their dial up service.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
          Is there anyone even on dial up anymore? I always wonder this anytime I see someone post a 56k warning.
          Whenever I use it in a post title it's for those accessing MOL from a Blackberry, Sidekick, or via a broadband device on their laptops. That and the rare guy still using crappy dial-up...

Comment

I would have responded sooner, but it took me this long to load the page!*

*Yet another addition to my growing arsenal of lies.
            ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
              Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                Whenever I use it in a post title it's for those accessing MOL from a Blackberry, Sidekick, or via a broadband device on their laptops. That and the rare guy still using crappy dial-up...
                Guess I never thought of that. I monitor and post from my iPhone on a regular basis. But when I do, I stay away from the picture forums. I know it's not going to load fast enough.

Comment

Our area is very rural, 3 biggest county and only 45,000 people in it. DSL only goes to mostly town addresses and not the guy out in the sticks. I was lucky and got DSL when it wasn't offered the year before.

It's still out there!
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Have you informed them of our current year? DSL packages are at a VERY low price now a days. Probably around what they are paying for their dial up service.
                    DSL is not available everywhere. Some people don't have a choice.
                    Chef and Dr. of Min.

God is a good God, He loves you, and He wants to bless you.

Comment

What's this DSL stuff everyone is talking about?

I just got rid of a rotary dial phone last week - the phone company sent me a letter via carrier pigeon informing me that it was bringing down the performance of their 4 wire network that they desperately wanted to abandon. Something about the ticking sound not transmitting well over these new fandangled "fiber optic" light powered wires. I gave it in to the local telecommunications museum - some eight year old kid photographed it on their pocket phone and had it uploaded to flickr in about 10 seconds

Comment

56...k what?

Comment

Originally posted by wyseilmykkar View Post

I just got rid of a rotary dial phone last week - the phone company sent me a letter via carrier pigeon informing me that it was bringing down the performance of their 4 wire network that they desperately wanted to abandon. Something about the ticking sound not transmitting well over these new fandangled "fiber optic" light powered wires. I gave it in to the local telecommunications museum - some eight year old kid photographed it on their pocket phone and had it uploaded to flickr in about 10 seconds

Does Pony Express still deliver for ADS?
                          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by wyseilmykkar View Post

That's to funny.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have broadband but waaaay out in the mountains where my g-parents house is, you pretty much only have dial up.

Oh, and there's no cell coverage.... unless you wait until midday and hold your phone up high and aim it towards town. Yeah. Rural.
                              2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');